•  
Advertise here

Shopping for a new Driver's seat

Dear Carnity Team, 

Greetings! Hope all is well. 

I am looking for changing my current Driver's seat on my vehicle (Nissan Patrol Safari 2005). I presently have the old design, with the 2 manual knobs for adjusting the lumbar & hip support settings. This is starting to get quite uncomfortable on daily commutes & weekly long drives

If I wanted to change the Driver's seat only, to an electronic one with all the creature comforts ;) , would this be compatible with my vehicle? Plus any cost reference if you have, please.

(PS: I've already trawled the Sajaa shops for a second hand Super Safari seat, but to no avail.)

• Like (+1) 1

First you'll have to look if there are connectors there to hook up an electric seat since most manufacturers dont make separate wiring harness of different specs. If they are there then you are in luck its a plug and play solution. But if not you can always do a little bit of wiring and hook them up. All the electric motors need is a power supply and a ground.. Some get messy as they have memory outstations which work with with signals from the cars Becm and all but this only means a little more splicing on your part 

• Like (+1) 2

hi @Sajith Kumar fixing a new model vehicle seat to the older model at times gets a little difficult as explained by @desertdudeseat connectors and wiring harness dont match and you may face challenges with the seat electrical's. I suggest if you go to any upholstery shop they should be able to re-cushion the seats and you can custom design it as per your taste and comfort level.This will also help you to revamp your interiors and you will end up paying much less then fixing in a new model seat and also struggling with getting the electrical s switches sorted out.

Image result for 2005 Nissan patrol front seat

Old seat.

Image result for modified 2005 Nissan patrol front seat

New seat

• Like (+1) 3

It's almost impossible to not to find any spare part in a scrapyard, at the same time it's also tough to find what you need in the first attempt.

Remember scouting scrap is not going to the supermarket and pick a can of cola, you need to know how to hunt really well based on inputs from those guys. Every guy say no - should ask him where I can find? will you be able to source this for me?

As many times these people get stuff and it gets sold out really fast, so distributing your number to those prospective guys really help. Secondly following there trail of leads also help as they are sitting in that market and know what type of product is available with one specialized scrapyard and when you go over there you will see hundreds of option and feel stupid to not to reach that place 5 days ago.

Anyways I searched few scrapyards who deals with Nissan used parts in Sharjah through Carnity Business Listing, call them and see if you get lucky

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi @Ren13 & @desertdude, thank you for the feedback. I agree, while the desire to have a fully adaptable car seat is indeed very tempting, I will look into the upholstery option too. Lemme get more info on this, and if it will address the issues I am facing. 

Hi @Gaurav, thank you for your feedback, and even more for sharing the listings. I will check with these folks. 

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!!

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, Sajith Kumar said:

Thank you @Ren13. Wilco!

Thought came to my mind as I was passing the place yesterday. Try JOY scrapyards in Dhaid he's got three there plus a workshop and does all sorts of mods on Patrols and Cruisers for the local dhabab. And saw rows and rows of Patrols in his scrap yards. He can probably find and fit you a electric OEM patrol seat. Dhaid, first round about right xoming from Shj towards madam his workshop in on the right and scrapyards on on thr left further down. 

Go talk to Joy himself he can most probably hook you up.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, desertdude said:

Thought came to my mind as I was passing the place yesterday. Try JOY scrapyards in Dhaid he's got three there plus a workshop and does all sorts of mods on Patrols and Cruisers for the local dhabab. And saw rows and rows of Patrols in his scrap yards. He can probably find and fit you a electric OEM patrol seat. Dhaid, first round about right xoming from Shj towards madam his workshop in on the right and scrapyards on on thr left further down. 

Go talk to Joy himself he can most probably hook you up.

Hi @desertdude, thank you for sharing this, mate. I will check with out for sure and share the feedback. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, Ren13 said:

hi @Sajith Kumar fixing a new model vehicle seat to the older model at times gets a little difficult as explained by @desertdudeseat connectors and wiring harness dont match and you may face challenges with the seat electrical's. I suggest if you go to any upholstery shop they should be able to re-cushion the seats and you can custom design it as per your taste and comfort level.This will also help you to revamp your interiors and you will end up paying much less then fixing in a new model seat and also struggling with getting the electrical s switches sorted out.

Image result for 2005 Nissan patrol front seat

Old seat.

Image result for modified 2005 Nissan patrol front seat

New seat

Hi @Sajith Kumar can you please let me know what shops did you have that seat upholstered? Thanks