•  
Advertise here

Car Audio System Upgrade Advice

Frederic

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Well said and documented @Frederic, 1 like is not at all enough for such detailed and crisp explanation.

In the morning, I was busy and though @DiamondDallas merge two different questions in one post so I assume no point in explaining all things in details and let him research bit on Crutchfield first and then we can slowly build upon.

Sorry for doing this actually I did that under pressure. This guy was just to hasty to ask. And I mixed up the questions my bad. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DiamondDallas said:

Sorry for doing this actually I did that under pressure. This guy was just to hasty to ask. And I mixed up the questions my bad. 

That's the problem with everyone these days, always hasty to ask in the beginning and when ripped off then they have all the time for sharing sad stories with every minute detail. Little time and patience go a long way.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

So what does 30 A x 3 means, Mr. Einstein.......?

That's my AMP manual page 16/72

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/GM-D9605_OwnersManual062716.pdf

image.png

Hey Buddy,

Your amp has 5 channels in total in one housing, just consider it as three 2 channel amps, of which the last one is connected in mono for your subwoofer. Each 2 channel amp has its own 30 amp protection fuse:

- 2 channel amp (front) with 2 x 75 Watts Continuous Power Output (similar to RMS): That would take about 10,4 amps (150 / 14.4 volts)

- another 2 channel amp (rear) with 2 x 75 Watts Continuous Power, same as above about 10,4 amps

- another 2 channel amp wired in mono that outputs 350 Amps, that makes about 24 amps. 

Important to note is that your amp is able to run on an impedance of 2 ohms and that pushes the amp much higher towards that 30 amp fuse rating. Check how much it outputs at 2 ohms. Fully loaded at 2 ohms you are close to 1000 amps (that would make 69 amps in total). 

Running the amp at 2 ohm can be achieved by putting 2 four ohm speakers in parallel. 

Does this clarify your question ?

Also do note that Pioneer states their values at 14.4 volts, so that means engine and alternator must be running. At 12 volts your current in amps shoots up due to the lower voltage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

37 minutes ago, DiamondDallas said:

Thank you for a great advice. Please also advice on those LCD ANDROID head unit sold in many shops are they good. Again thanks for sharing your experience.

I have no experience with these but would refrain from using their own built in amplifier. Just check if they have RCA pre-outputs so you can hookup your own preferred standalone amplifier. Never put your headunit higher than 80% total output volume to make sure that you don’t send a distorted signal to the amp. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

33 minutes ago, DiamondDallas said:

Thank you for a great advice. Please also advice on those LCD ANDROID head unit sold in many shops are they good. Again thanks for sharing your experience.

I have used a China lcd android unit (Dont remember the brand though)on my optra which costed me 350dhs 4 years back  and its still going strong as the car had been sold to a colleague in office and I get to see it quite often. It has bluetooth,reverse camera,DVD,aux,USB functions in it. Except for navigation.

IMG-20170103-WA0039.jpg.cfb2a0ec92ecad8b17e0a45a24b668ba.jpgIMG-20170103-WA0042.jpg.f240606b25cfd9c5b06c26ff815e9949.jpg

• Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Gaurav said:

That's the problem with everyone these days, always hasty to ask in the beginning and when ripped off then they have all the time for sharing sad stories with every minute detail. Little time and patience go a long way.

18 hours ago, Gaurav said:

for the exact reason I asked my Friend to give the cash he wants to spend on his car and so I can spend it wisely doing other stuff and getting his car done in another 2 years.

18 hours ago, Ren13 said:

I have used a China lcd android unit (Dont remember the brand though)on my optra which costed me 350dhs 4 years back  and its still going strong as the car had been sold to a colleague in office and I get to see it quite often. It has bluetooth,reverse camera,DVD,aux,USB functions in it. Except for navigation.

IMG-20170103-WA0039.jpg.cfb2a0ec92ecad8b17e0a45a24b668ba.jpgIMG-20170103-WA0042.jpg.f240606b25cfd9c5b06c26ff815e9949.jpg

Thank You for such kind advice

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys we have just managed to fix components on my friend @Eric Pereira pajero (My Ex car) from Naif road where I have fixed the music system for all my cars as mentioned in my earlier posts. We fixed JBL components for front 2 doors and twitters on the side mirrors and also oval speakers on the rear which we connected to a 2 channel pioneer amplifier. The guys work is good as always and will share you his details incase anyone would like to get their music system upgraded. He can be contacted on what's app and give my refrence and also my Silver 2 door pajero refrence he will give you the best deal.

20190228_202501.jpg

20190228_202546.jpg

20190228_202534.jpg

• Like (+1) 3