•  
Advertise here

What was your worst offroad stuck?

derik

With so much offroad vibes in carnity just want to hear your worst offroad stucks if you like to share it with me please. My friend had a fuel leak and empty his full tank in wadi and whole time we were smelling fuel but never thought its our car and at 9pm we started his car was not turning on, so we went out and bought a fuel can and refill his touareg and exited out after 3 hours of back and forth. what a terrible night

The funniest i saw was at the Qudra Lakes a few months back. I was inflating my tires on the side of the road after going for a small drive and a guy comes up in his Porsche Cayenne all nicely dressed up, he drives next to me and says with a grin "i don't think i'll need to deflate with my car", so he goes into the first patch of loose sand and immediately gets stuck. What he does next is what most idiots with 500+HP cars do: he starts revving like a maniac to get unstuck and all the time i am standing there looking at him with my biggest grin....

Eventually he gets out and approaches me with a 50dhs gas station rope and asks me if i can pull him out. I tell him in a friendly way that he should use that rope only to tie a floormat on his roofrack....

After deflating and removing the sand in which he reluctantly had to rollup his sleeves and sit on his knees to help me, he quickly got out and all this time his wife kept on shouting at him at what an idiot he was 😂.

The worst stuck i've yet have to experience.. The Carnity boys are so experienced that even pulling out a Pajero from out of a massive deep bowl with several ropes tied together seems like a walk in the park for them 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

This might be the longest thread of Carnity if everyone starts pouring with their experiences, ill limit myself to 3 only:

1. Broke my Land Cruiser front differential in a stupid self-recovering attempt in my learning days. Then just to drag uphill 1 tall dune with 2 cars tugging at the same time we took 4 hours and broke few tow ropes because of dragging the dead weight of 2.5 tons uphill on a dune. Most painful and slowest recovery I have seen.

2. @baselsm83 stuck in the weird pocket of soft sand where his Patrol front and back is hitting the dune. Wasted lot of time in recovering uphill, as goin down the soft sand was tricky to get two car stuck at same point. Finally, a bunch of locals came with an intelligent technique of going down and flattening the soft sand to make a path first and then give a gentle tug to Patrol to change his orientation. Less than 30 minutes out for which were struggling for 2+ hours and taught us something new to how to flatten the soft sand patch and use it in our favor.

3. @Asif Hussain Ford stuck in the wedge next to iftar bowl (one of the tallest dune), to change the orientation of his Ford it took me more than 20-30 tugs due to the weight constraint of my SWB Pajero vs LWB pickup. Later we discovered that all gear oil leaked due to an impact and revisited the next day with mechanic, oil, and parts to fix the car and bring it back.
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I love reading @Frederic writeup.

With 10 years of off-road experience behind me I have had plenty of stories to share, but these are best done when everybody is sitting together and we are having our snacks and drinks. However I will share one of my worst with you here on the forum. If you like it, you can join us to hear many more.

On a perfectly hot day all you want to do is get in to the sands, do a bit and head out without any issues. Sweihan is a place fully of dreamy dunes and following Asif bhai's wonderful lead we quickly forgot how punishing the weather was enjoying every rise and drop and playing around on huge virgin dunes. Our aim was to get to some alien like circles in the middle of the desert. Were we on to something? As fate would have it we came to the biggest dune in Sweihan and tried climbing it from the front. After being unable to do it from front, I have this habit of finding cheat routes to reach the top so headed behind the dunes. After successfully completing about 75% of the dune from the back, I was doing a side sloping when my car just got stuck for no reason.

After following Gaurav Bhai's advise i turned my steering wheel completely right pointing downwards, but I was still not moving. Upon visual inspection Asif bhai discovered the reason why I was not moving anywhere. My left side tyre was pointing full right, but my right side tyre refused to move from a complete left. So my tires were pointing at each other. It was dangerous to tug the car normally downwards, so we tied the rope to the wheel and slowly tried to get the car onto the flat surface. After close inspection we discovered the culprit was a bent tire rod end. By this time it was pretty hot and we tried to make a shade and think what we were going to do.

Before our thought process was over we had our darling Saleem bhai heading of to get a huge hammer from one of the many farms around. What happened to him is another story, but close to evening as the weather was just settling down we had him back with a hammer, we tried our level best but we were unable to straighten out the tire rod end. Close to sunset we decided to leave the car overnight, get the spare parts on Saturday and comeback to complete the drive the next day. Verily once I have the spare parts all the participants were back to the sight where we had left the car overnight. It was not only repaired in teh middle of the desert, but a very good alignment job was also done to get me back to Sharjah from Al Ain. That still leaves one mystery, what happened to those Alien circles? Yes we did reach the spot after a quick drive. But just before the area that we wanted to explore there was a huge fence which was guarded by security and we were not allowed inside. Was the information which was in there so sensitive that we were not allowed to go in? As we drove back we saw the circles the best we could from the road. What was it than? As i said I am only going to share this one story on the forum. All interested to find out more please join us on the drives to find out what lie in those circles for it to be heavily guarded.

Hope you are happy now Derik.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I love reading @Frederic writeup.

With 10 years of off-road experience behind me I have had plenty of stories to share, but these are best done when everybody is sitting together and we are having our snacks and drinks. However I will share one of my worst with you here on the forum. If you like it, you can join us to hear many more.

On a perfectly hot day all you want to do is get in to the sands, do a bit and head out without any issues. Sweihan is a place fully of dreamy dunes and following Asif bhai's wonderful lead we quickly forgot how punishing the weather was enjoying every rise and drop and playing around on huge virgin dunes. Our aim was to get to some alien like circles in the middle of the desert. Were we on to something? As fate would have it we came to the biggest dune in Sweihan and tried climbing it from the front. After being unable to do it from front, I have this habit of finding cheat routes to reach the top so headed behind the dunes. After successfully completing about 75% of the dune from the back, I was doing a side sloping when my car just got stuck for no reason.

After following Gaurav Bhai's advise i turned my steering wheel completely right pointing downwards, but I was still not moving. Upon visual inspection Asif bhai discovered the reason why I was not moving anywhere. My left side tyre was pointing full right, but my right side tyre refused to move from a complete left. So my tires were pointing at each other. It was dangerous to tug the car normally downwards, so we tied the rope to the wheel and slowly tried to get the car onto the flat surface. After close inspection we discovered the culprit was a bent tire rod end. By this time it was pretty hot and we tried to make a shade and think what we were going to do.

Before our thought process was over we had our darling Saleem bhai heading of to get a huge hammer from one of the many farms around. What happened to him is another story, but close to evening as the weather was just settling down we had him back with a hammer, we tried our level best but we were unable to straighten out the tire rod end. Close to sunset we decided to leave the car overnight, get the spare parts on Saturday and comeback to complete the drive the next day. Verily once I have the spare parts all the participants were back to the sight where we had left the car overnight. It was not only repaired in teh middle of the desert, but a very good alignment job was also done to get me back to Sharjah from Al Ain. That still leaves one mystery, what happened to those Alien circles? Yes we did reach the spot after a quick drive. But just before the area that we wanted to explore there was a huge fence which was guarded by security and we were not allowed inside. Was the information which was in there so sensitive that we were not allowed to go in? As we drove back we saw the circles the best we could from the road. What was it than? As i said I am only going to share this one story on the forum. All interested to find out more please join us on the drives to find out what lie in those circles for it to be heavily guarded.

Hope you are happy now Derik.

This sounds like an episode of Stranger Things: 

“In search for mysterious circles our friends suddenly experience mechanical issues as if the car was taken over by a evil force. The man with the hammer disappeared and reappeared without reason, and the Sweihan area became the backdrop for governmental experiments in alien technology”.... NOW on Netflix !

Love your write ups too buddy 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

At least you guys all got your vehicles back. One time I got so badly stuck in Central Africa that I was forced to abandon the vehicle because I could not wait three weeks for the mud to dry out enough so I could dig it out. 

For all I know, my Land Cruiser is still stuck in Central Africa. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1

My worst off road stuck started off started off as an on road adventure. I lost the back of the car and went through a hedge backwards at around 80mph. I ended up in the middle of probably the swampiest field I’ve ever seen. The farmer wasn’t happy about me waking him up at 2 am to borrow a tractor to pull the car out. I was even less happy when he bent my subframe with the tractor but I wasn’t in a position to argue. We pulled the car out and it wouldn’t even move because everything was so out of shape so we left it on the side of the road. I came back the next day with parts and tools loaded up on the back of my bicycle and fixed it at the side of the road and did the drive of shame home. 

• Like (+1) 3

For me the worst one was in Al Wagan. I was the second lead and it was a crazy drive. I was following Gaurav. The dune he passed made me scared. It was sloppy and edgy. I was thinking if i pass it i will roll over. So i decide to turn right and come down. Next moment i found my self stuck between 2 dune. My front and back is covered with sand. It took 1.5 hour to take me out from there. And i was out we found one of my front tire was popped out. 

Rest of the day was also very challenging. My AC was not working(Jeep Life!!) and it was a hot day. Jeeps are working very hot. After all day driving i felt very bad and decide to stop and lay down to ground. Thanks to our group they gave me medicine and helped me to fell better. 

When we exit from the area i discovered my car was out of balance like crazy. There is no way to drive home like that. I called @shadow79 he came with Jalil immediately. Because of the pop out my tire filled with sand and it was creating balance problem. Jalil changed my tire and i was ready to go. In this point it was 1 am and in the morning i supposed to be at work. When i start heading to Dubai i faced with the thickest fog in my life. I wasnt seeing anything after my hood. Since i have work in the morning i needed to reach home and sleep for a while so i kept driving. That was the scariest drive i have ever had. I was driving on left line with 100km and thinking how i will see and stop if anything happens in front of me. Luckily nothing happened and i reach home safe. When i slept it was 3.30am i guess. In the morning i woke up with my project manager`s call. When i reach my work my project manager and construction manager saw my car and me they start laughing. They said we dont understand you are a young guy. You should go play tennis with ladies. Why you are going to desert with your male friends? 

I think @Emmanuel was having the pictures. If he have time he can add pictures of that stuck :D 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I too had a stuck the same way as sertac in my toyota prado in Maleha when I was learning in my initial days of the desert.

i was scared to climb up a dune and ended up steering to the right where I could not reverse or even go forward. 

It took lots of time to recover but finally was out with many pulls from this FJ cruiser. 

• Like (+1) 2