•  
Advertise here

On 10/27/2021 at 2:02 PM, Frederic said:

That's a funny story:

As a European (who had never seen an  FJ Cruiser), i moved to Saudi Arabia in 2012 and found this wonderful blue FJ which was an American Import with a bit of miles on it, but zero offroading history. On the first weekend i took it into some sandy area (not really dunes) and though i was deflated, the car got stuck in minutes.

Soon, some locals approached me and tried to get the car out (blip blip was unknown to me back then..) And suddenly one of the locals got inside the car and asked "where is the 4H lever" to which i had to admit this car did not had it and i assumed this was because the FJ was permanent 4x4.

Long story short: my nice Blue FJ was a 4x2 model (yes not a 4x4). 😅

Kept it anyways as during that time i was not in a club and only went camping and BBQ ing with friends on nearby flat areas with gentle dunes, so with some deflation i could manage.

Sold it in 2014 as i moved back to Europe for a year, and only came back to Middle East in end of 2015 and bought my little Pajero in 2017 here in Dubai.

image.png.e6f7399898ec0ca2d442f28835bd9476.png

Our Smurf car ! Oh, we loved that car, didn’t we ?! 
So sad we had to sell it … 

• 2 weeks later...

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/nissan/xterra/2022/2/10/nissan-xterra-2-559---1b80ddb77db04eea9324e591dd0a3ed5/?back=L21vdG9ycy91c2VkLWNhcnMvP290PWFzYyZvPTM%3D&pos=11

Found a X-terra for 8.5K in Dubai.

P.S. Not my car nor am I associated with the seller. Just saw it browsing through Dubizzle and sharing it here

USA is a crazy country when they invite exclusive features before allowing imports. There was silly car before FJ called PT cruiser just a smaller car than FJ and quite celebrity low cost car with fuel saving. I am sure the FJ you mention here could have been a model USA car and not the regular one we drive in this part of the world. But not having 4H and 4Low is unbelievable. Glad to hear someone bought it off you. Speaking about 4X4 the 80-90s the popular one to have was Land Rover Discovery with the high back. Driving in the sand wasnt in demand then but what we called 'wadi bashing' and the Land Rover was on the king of rocky paths.