•  
Advertise here

34 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

One thing I have learned from my experience, to keep cost down and fun level up choose a car that you see often in the desert

Very well said, Rahimdad

In short go with proven 4x4 what work here in UAE sand offroading than just on computer or phone screens.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:42 PM, Gaurav said:

thanks for Nativa suggestion, but I have driven the same in the past and due to a 3.0-liter engine on LWB heavy chassis it's slightly underpowered for regular dune bashing and struggles a lot on cross tracks, soft sand, and long climbs.

@Gauravso you are telling not to go for nativa? at least as a beater ? found a good deal for this one, and am thinking should i go ahead or not :? 

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, VishalJC said:

@Gauravso you are telling not to go for nativa? at least as a beater ? found a good deal for this one, and am thinking should i go ahead or not :? 

Well due to proper 4x4 they may be good for beach, Aweer and Khawaneej sand or fit for newbie level drive but not for fewbie level due to underpower and heavyweight. If you get 3.5 liters engine then it's acceptable as opposed to 3.0 with LWB.

image.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, hossein said:

My friend has the Hummer H3 and takes it for camping trips in UAE and Oman. He's happy with the performance but it is not a dune-bashing kind of car. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

11 minutes ago, hossein said:

Well, the title of useless SUV is a click-bait, but I don't deny much of his choices unless you have a deep pocket.

Few of the good and capable 4x4 in the list that's not at all useless but god damn expensive for dune bashing.

• Hummer H2 - Seen it doing wonders
  • Range Rover - Brilliant and capable offroader
  • Mercedes G63 - Probably the GOD of offroading with 3 independent diff locks - WOW
  • Jeep Cherokee
  • Land Rover Discovery
  • Chevrolet Blazer
  • Chevrolet Tahoe
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Well, the title of useless SUV is a click-bait, but I don't deny much of his choices unless you have a deep pocket.

Few of the good and capable 4x4 in the list that's not at all useless but god damn expensive for dune bashing.

• Hummer H2 - Seen it doing wonders
  • Range Rover - Brilliant and capable offroader
  • Mercedes G63 - Probably the GOD of offroading with 3 independent diff locks - WOW
  • Jeep Cherokee
  • Land Rover Discovery
  • Chevrolet Blazer
  • Chevrolet Tahoe

Yeah maybe about the cost, as you said Dear Gaurav, some of them is the best 

• Like (+1) 3

The old Blazer and Tahoe don't even fall in the expensive category, no idea why they put it there. Arabian Adventures were using the Tahoe for 10 straight years instead of the Land Cruisers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1