•  
Advertise here

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

Don't listen to this ludite! Lol he has an aversion to anything made in this century.

And that one thing with self leveling is enough to spoil the party, if not kill you, not-so-luddite dude.

He is talking from every week experience seeing tons of cars with all sort of gizmos from this century and not just flying sim from couch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

14 hours ago, Gaurav said:

And that one thing with self leveling is enough to spoil the party, if not kill you, not-so-luddite dude.

He is talking from every week experience seeing tons of cars with all sort of gizmos from this century and not just flying sim from couch.

Which like I said isn't too much of an issue. Just replace the shocks on the cheap. You won't even get a light on the dash.

And then you should also listen to your buddy and sell everything you have and buy only vehicles from the 1990s ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On 3/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, Frederic said:

Underpowered imho. We should ask @Barry if he could throw in a Clio Williams engine or RS engine in it. Would make a nice little project 😂

@Frederic Thanks for the project idea. I'm currently driving a 2L Duster on Newbie drives with Guarav. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Kieran McKeown said:

@Frederic Thanks for the project idea. I'm currently driving a 2L Duster on Newbie drives with Guarav. 

You are doing very good so far and don't distort your mind with another car or any expensive modification, yet.

Drive for at least 5 newbies drive and if we feel you have learned enough on how to handle your duster (from safety aspect), we might promote you to fewbie level too. Once you are at fewbie level, then you can decide to continue with duster or replace/upgrade, if you really push to aim for higher levels of offroad drives.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Nissan petrol 5.8 the luxury type... I have one but rarely seen off road. How is this car is it too heavy for the dunes?. please advise

We have at least three members with the Y62 that I can think of and all of them enjoy the power and comfort that it offers. They have all done modifications to the cars as well to deal with the inevitable damage if you do not. Definitely not too heavy for the dunes - unless you are talking about the cost on your pocket. If you've got it, why not flaunt it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 - What do you think about the capability of a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid in the desert?

2 - How reliable do you think a 2000 Lexus LX470 is in the desert and is it even worth to consider buying?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Onlyjunaid said:

2 - How reliable do you think a 2000 Lexus LX470 is in the desert and is it even worth to consider buying?

Rav 4 is alright but not really an offroader. LX470 is good, it's basically a Land Cruiser and has great resale on top everything and comes with Lexus reliability. And great on road too.

But some here measure a car with only one metric and that is how high a car will climb a particular dune. Everything else secondary. 

But IMO unless your only aim is to wining dune climbing competitions then it's not the car for you.

But if you like to dune bash up till a pretty advanced level its a great car.

And that's just my opinion

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Onlyjunaid said:

If you can find a LX470 in reasonable condition (without bends) and fair price below 250K km's, I would definitely go for that.

• Like (+1) 2