•  
Advertise here

@Chirag S.. Pros if you don't want to trash your close to AED 150k ride in the desert these will do nicely. Anyways any damages caused are not covered NY warranty and any accident repair you need to pay for the police paper/fine and excess to the insurance if it's fully insured. Cons, the car is old and no matter how good a condition the user keeps it in there will always be some work to be done on the vehicle.

Another pro I can think of is it brings you closer to the vehicle as anything you put your sweat and labour into you develop a bond.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Chirag S.. Pros if you don't want to trash your close to AED 150k ride in the desert these will do nicely. Anyways any damages caused are not covered NY warranty and any accident repair you need to pay for the police paper/fine and excess to the insurance if it's fully insured. Cons, the car is old and no matter how good a condition the user keeps it in there will always be some work to be done on the vehicle.

Another pro I can think of is it brings you closer to the vehicle as anything you put your sweat and labour into you develop a bond.

@Rahimdad thanks for clarity. In few cases, i came to know that old models bought on cheaper rates having accident history and hidden surprise expense, which were known after buying and few drives. Is it possible to avoid such instances?

• Like (+1) 2

@Chirag S. You could take the car to a known denting/painting guy who will check through the car body works and give you more clarity on the body works and chassis. Painted or not he could definitely advise on it. Majority of the time it’s a worry of chassis been damaged or reworked on.

For the engine, transmission, bushes (approx life), mounts (approx life), shock leakages or any sort of gasket leaks or gasket been worn out. Go to your trusted workshop mechanic. As long as the engine and transmission is 👍🏻 then other issues seem like a small fix.

Lastly if you want to get a computer check done even that’s would help understand any sensor issues or electrical issues in the vehicle. Some cars malfunction due to some sensors like oxygen sensor or mass airflow sensor or some spark plug coils.

If the seller wouldn’t want to let go of a potential buyer then they would be patient enough for you to check the car in such manner before taking a call on if or not to buy that car. All told it’s an hours work to get it check at the workshop.

Best of Luck

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 minutes ago, Aaqil Sheikh said:

@Chirag S. You could take the car to a known denting/painting guy who will check through the car body works and give you more clarity on the body works and chassis. Painted or not he could definitely advise on it. Majority of the time it’s a worry of chassis been damaged or reworked on.

For the engine, transmission, bushes (approx life), mounts (approx life), shock leakages or any sort of gasket leaks or gasket been worn out. Go to your trusted workshop mechanic. As long as the engine and transmission is 👍🏻 then other issues seem like a small fix.

Lastly if you want to get a computer check done even that’s would help understand any sensor issues or electrical issues in the vehicle. Some cars malfunction due to some sensors like oxygen sensor or mass airflow sensor or some spark plug coils.

If the seller wouldn’t want to let go of a potential buyer then they would be patient enough for you to check the car in such manner before taking a call on if or not to buy that car. All told it’s an hours work to get it check at the workshop.

Best of Luck

@AaqilSheikh thanks for your value addition. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, andy_macdxb said:

Mitsubishi NATIVA (?) 

Nativa is similar to the Fortuner 2.7 Little bit underpowered, but in the right hands they can go a long way. @Rizwanm2 has one and manages very well.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Nativa is similar to the Fortuner 2.7 Little bit underpowered, but in the right hands they can go a long way. @Rizwanm2 has one and manages very well.

@andy_macdxb I drive off-road regularly with Carnity in my nativa. I am currently in fewbie level and I enjoy the ride very well.  I haven’t done any extreme rides or huge dune bashing yet but our senior member @Rahimdad tried couple of times in Maliha play area and he found nativa is capable off roader. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@andy_macdxb I have a Pahy 2001 model R50. It is capable, but little under powered 3.3 litre engine. Much prefer the 3.5 litre post 2002 models. Nevertheless it has allowed me to do most things except high steep climbs which in not on my to do list. I am not sure about the Japan specs, as long as it's anything close to our specs here with a proper 4 high and 4 low gear plus the same powerful 3.5 litre engine and is left hand drive it should be good. 

• Like (+1) 3