•  
Advertise here

Porsche cayenne 09 or bmw x5

Hi Guys,

I have been reading a few blogs and it seems reliability wise Porsche are better in that 08-09 as compared to bmw x5 of same year.

There are lot more mechanical issues mentioned online for BMW's .

I have x5 06 and honestly its really reliable as never had any as such issues, can someone give verdict who has used either both the cars or may be one.

How are the spare costs and generally maintenance costs for Porsche as compared to BMW x5

• Like (+1) 1

Remember you are talking about 10 years old car in either case and being a German luxury segment expect a high maintenance cost on both vehicles. That's why you are getting at 1/10 of its face value.

I was in similar research a few years back and Cayenne better reliability wins as per online research. Then I start seeing few X5 and Cayenne and saw the repair bills from owners that outweigh the Cayenne option hands down. It was based on 5-6 cars viewing for X5 and Cayenne in Dubai. X5 all owner had several sheets of bills from AGMC during the warranty and just after the warranty period, whereas Cayenne owners had very little repair bills.

I myself had 2006 Cayenne Turbo from 2012 till 2015 and the only thing I remember spending for repair was one of the headlight cornering light failed, that forced me to change whole left side headlight unit. It was maintained at Nabooda throughout and if I remember correctly cost approx. 2000 for minor service and 4000 for major service. I think these service rates are pretty standard for most of luxury SUV in the UAE, as I'm paying a similar rate for my Range Rover now.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

thanks Gaurav, I had a similar feel as well about Porsche Cayenne. Anyways as u rightly mentioned 10 years old car maintenance is quite normal to come up but then i am looking for durability and that way feel x5 wont stand ahead.

I had no mood to even start this search untill i saw bad reviews of X5, 

there is time before i buy and sell my present x5 so lets see :)

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Mohi1986 said:

a little drama news, it seems even though Porsche is less visit to garage but each garage visit is more than double cost to repair than a bmw x5 , now thats one of tech guy from garage who repairs .....

Get this information verified by at least 3 different sources.

When I had Cayenne, my colleague's friend had it too and the stories were totally different.

Can't recall to be honest but X5 also has a big drama on every visit and make them cry.

@Nuke you still remember ......?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

For a person who afraid from maintenance cost should be stay away from any car like this. All BMW owners around me spending some money to their car time to time. It is sensitive car when you compare with Japanese horses. I dont think Porsche will be a huge difference. I am hearing they are reliable but anyway you might need to change bushes arms because of the age it wont be cheap. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1

Bro I kind a understand,  I presently drive a x5 so....  And the one I drive 06 model really is damn cheap and really reliable,  so that's why a next buy was being consulted with experts like yourself.

Have owned American,  Germans cars for a while so repairs is not I was worried about it's just on general terms how does parts cost. 

Coz x5 from 07-09 show more reliability issues ,,, however Porsche do show less from same years was trying to purpotionate what's a better bargain.

But appreciate your view

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...

Depends the engine, suspension etc. same engine size bmw is better. But well im here so you know what i choose and didnt regret it. Just cayenne has some issues because of the age with the air suspension, same for all the air suspension or if you get v8 you have to make sure the coolant pipes are okay cause they had an issue.