•  
Advertise here

Pajero 4x4 gear lever locker when not in Neutral

Wondering if Pajero has a locker on 4x4 gear lever to stop shifting out/in from HI/LO gearing while a transmission is not in Neutral?

It happened with me twice now that accidentally I pulled the 4x4 lever from LO towards High when the transmission was in D and that resulted in loud grrrrr noise and ending up my 4x4 gearing shifted to 4x4 Neutral. That means the car will not move in any direction until external help arrives. In the first instance, with a little fiddling it went in LO gear and allow me to exit to a road, but in second instance I have to open the lever console area to stick on LO gear by pushing hard to exit.

Please check and let me know, If such locker exists in your Pajero, that means I need to figure out repairing that gear lever so this won't be repeated again.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

As you know i am on a manual gearbox, but had the same thing twice when being a bit too fast in going from 4LO to 4H without putting the transmission gearbox in N. I don't think that there is a locking system to prevent that. After all there is no physical connection between transmission and transfer gearbox i'd assume.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For new models you have to push the 4x4 gear handle then change to other position when gear is on D you can change 4x4 gear from 2H to 4H normally but shift to a lower gear from 4H to 4Hlc or 4llc, gear will shift but not engage, we have to put it on N to engage the lower gear 

Edited by hossein
  • Like (+1) 1