•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - 8 Mar 2019

Gaurav

Keeping our pattern for one-week fewbie and another week newbie, its time for a newbie offroaders to join the thrill. This time we will drive in Maliha Kalba are that offers perfect opportunity to learn in very safe and easy tracks to medium rolling dunes. Looking for an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have a great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. 

When: 8 March 2019

Meeting time: 7:00 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 7:15 AM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ye28yTnTSYr

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, and Fewbie

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 12:00 PM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear Team , 

Thanks again for the wonderful newbie drive had on 08th March. It was gr8 with all new learning opportunities. 

I have few good photos and would like to share it on the group. Would like to know how i can do it in the group. Please advise.

Jay

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jayakrishnan said:

Dear Team , 

Thanks again for the wonderful newbie drive had on 08th March. It was gr8 with all new learning opportunities. 

I have few good photos and would like to share it on the group. Would like to know how i can do it in the group. Please advise.

Jay

Every drive has a separate album in the Gallery section, you can upload yours here too

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/113-absolute-newbie-desert-drive-maliha-8-mar-2019

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Rahimdad said:

Trip report - thank you to all participants who did well, most importantly kept their cool and calm and followed instructions to make my day a wonderful one. We started on time with 17 cars.

Upon reaching the deflation point we went through our newbie brief and heart warming to see all participants knew exactly parts of our brief. Everyone has been paying attention and realize every point we have carefully jotted are important to our off road structure.

Started our drive after the convoy numbering was made. A few refusals and stucks kept us all engaged and emphasized one point. If we keep calm and think rationally and listen to instructions we can make it through any terrain together. This was a perfect drive at the right time to do a few small to medium dunes to experience the small thrills and improve ourselves by learning new tricks or putting our briefing to good use.

We later settled near the camel farm in the shade for breakfast where it was clear that everyone felt a little challenged and learned something new. Besides this one thing done differently on this drive was instead of the leader slowing down or stopping, the rest of the convoy had to make an effort to keep up. This was also managed well and my congratulations to everyone for managing well on this trip. I also felt @Emmanuel plight as he was in sweep for a change and I was in the thick of all the action. There was also plenty of food and drinks to go around, my winner would be the idli and sambar, the sandwiches made by @Javier M wife and @Emmanuel sweet little treats.

It was now time for hitting the Fossil Rocks and I was impressed with the smart route selected by @Gaurav bhai which meant we were at the top within no time. I was also impressed with all the first timers to make it to the top on their first attempt. Well done everyone.

Big question now was could we head down the steep way? With a nod of approval from @Emmanuel and @Gaurav bhai the first one down to check and guide everyone properly, we started to brief and check all cars to guide them down. With everyone down safely and time being the essence we moved swiftly back to the road.

One of my most enjoyable experiences due to an amazing bunch of people. I would love to repeat many more such amazing trips with a wonderful bunch of like minded people. Love you all and until next time. Adios.

@Rahimdad you are simply amazing man in the team and I was felt like I am in a place were I was on my day to day newer felt like I am in a new group and thanks to all those who provide valuable guidance and safe drive with no loss of machine and man and it was a wonderful feeling and looking for next drive @Gauravthanks for the radio and the drive TBT just now bought my radio for next interesting drive with you guys 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use