•  
Advertise here

Asx AC issue...

Osman

Dear all, The car in question is Mitsubishi ASX 2013 model (oman)

Having issue with AC, and the issue is that AC works in normal mode with standard v good cooling, but sometimes randomly (specially day time), it trips off and doesn’t trip on again…. If I turn it off and then turn it ON after 10 15 mins.. it starts working fine again…. Mechanic checked and said gas is OK… So what could be the problem???   I discussed with one of my frend, he told me that his Sonata was having similar problem and that was because his evaporator used to get ice on it, and when he turn on ac after 5 10 mins, his car ac used to work fine. Can similar problem be with my car? And how to check ice on evaporator???

• Like (+1) 1

I had this same issue on my Pajero and the cause was a slow leaking compressor. After working for a few minutes the AC light would start blinking. After an immediate restart the compressor would work for a while before it started blinking.

Since the leak was a very minor leak from the compressor I was able to top up the gas from time to time and used the leaking compressor for a further  year. But finally, I changed the leaking compressor and the issue has been resolved.

• Like (+1) 1

@Srikumar

Thanks for your reply

I was having same light blinking problem 2 years back and upon checking, my mechanic diagnosed that the AC gas was low which was refilled at that time, now after 2 years gas is still at required level/ quantity but now the problem is some different, as I mentioned in my main post.....

For me the main problem is finding a good reliable and honest mechanic here in Muscat, because when I was in Sharjah I had a very good and reliable mechanic which I am still unable to find here...and dealership is always v v expensive....

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. So i went to a renowned workshop here in muscat for this problem and asked him to chk ac gas. He said that they do not chk gas just like most of the guys. They connected a machine (i saw that  machine for the first time), that machine sucked out all the gas and measured weight of that gas, then it sucked out compressor oil and measuring its quantity, then created the vacuum inside ac system and checked for the leakage. Gas was low, so it was filled back in system through same machine alongwith oil.

Machine detected a leakage as well, for that workshop guy put UV dye in system, kept running AC for 15 20 mins, and checked for any leakage under ultra violet light. Alham dullilah there was no leakage found.  He thoroughly checked all pipes, hoses, valves, compressor,  condenser  but no leakage was found. He even inspected the water dripping  down from evap on floor for any leakage of refrigerant. But nothing found...and suggested me to bring the car back in case of problem occurs again.

Alham dullilah Ac is running perfectly now.. with awesome cooling....

Below is that machine.. mamy of u might have seen it, but for me it was something new...

Well was going to say you are low on refrigerant but I guess you got that sorted out anyway. Seems like you do have a leak but its super tiny since uts around 2 years fpr it to get low. Remember refrigerant does just vanish. If it was low then means it leaked out somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes i had same thinking that there must b v v slow leaking... but after 2 yrs... its ok for me... at least for next year it will work perfectly.😀😁😀😁