•  
Advertise here

Guess what entity was sharing space in our Mitsubishi Pajero

Lovely write-up ! I can imagine these little ones are hard to find ! All’s well ends well and you didn’t have to kill the little creature ❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

There used to be a mouse in a warehouse I worked in here. The other guys used torment it, chasing it, trying to kill it, they even cut a hole in the wall to find his nest. I felt bad for the little thing, he wasn’t hurting anyone, so I used to leave some food at the entry to his hole every night after work, he seemed to love popcorn. Then a stray cat started coming around the workshop and the guys started feeding it every day. That was the last I seen of the mouse. 

Had a mouse in my house in Ireland before too. I don’t believe in killing an animal unless it’s trying to kill you or you’re going to eat it. So I started feeding him bits and pieces too. Life’s a struggle for everyone. Got semi tame in the end and used to sit at my feet. I remember my mother freaking out about mice in the house before when I was a kid and putting out glue traps to catch them. I used to have to check the glue traps and sometimes I would find a mouse stuck to one still alive and felt bad for them. You can release them from the glue if you run oil on them so that’s what I would do then set them free outside. Mice are cute little creatures and incredibly smart. And if it wasn’t for mice, our medicines wouldn’t be at the advanced stage they are now. 

• Like (+1) 6

It's very good thinking to get the wiring checked from a professional garage as you never know what that little creature must have chewed and might cause a spark or short circuit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I once shared a ride with my friend in his corolla from Sharjah to Dubai with a kitten who was hiding under the bonnet.

We heard meowing sounds on the way but just shrug them off until we reached Dubai when we opened the hood there was a kitten hitching a ride in there.

Thankfully it didn't get caught in anything or burned itself on any hot bits. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@desertdude thanks for sharing your story, kitten under the hood is not very pleasant. I heard a few stories of snakes in the engine bay, wondering if anyone here went through that experience.