•  
Advertise here

Nissan Altima 2013 engine stop issue

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Nissan Altima 2013 at 69,000 kms mileage I own it new. Last Thursday everning, I was driving in the basement parking and there's a sudden vibration and engine stops when I accelerate or reverse the car. I have sent it to Nissan service and they said I have a faulty CVT transmission. Can anyone here suggest any workshop where I can check for 2nd opinion? Or anyone here has experienced the same and the possible solution they had? Appreciate all your replies. @Gaurav

Edited by Jennykiat24
  • Like (+1) 1

When have you changed the gear oil and filter last? And have you asked the Nissan guys the reason of failing CVT transmission at 69K seems too early? Have you checked if there is any recall to this issue? In which year and at how many kms your car warranty have expired?

https://carnity.com/recall or google it

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi Gaurav, thanks for your reply. I have changed oil and filter 6 months back. I only used Nissan service center and consequently car is out of warranty they only give it up to 30,000 or 3 years ( year 2016) whichever comes first. I never experience any breakdown before. Now the service personnel is running fine that's why I ask them to check CVT because that's what I actually read in the forum for 2013 model and then Nissan told me yeah there is CVT problem. I wanted a 2nd opinion to a reliable garage.

• Like (+1) 1

Do you mean "Gear" Oil and filter or "Engine Oil and filter" changed 6 months ago?

Do ask Nissan on what should you do next if car CVT gear is failing at 70K irrespective of maintaining with dealer....? I'm sure if it's regular behavior they must have some sort some type of program or partial warranty coverage or goodwill warranty coverage to take care of this. Have you tried that...?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't actually know what they serviced last 6 months. I did not pay attention to it. Whatever they recommend I follow. Now, they advised me to change CVT that cost AED 21K , Cooler AE1300, Steering lock AED 1965, brake switch and battery at AED 550. I don't know if this happen to anyone here? That's why I badly need a credible workshop for 2nd opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

If you are not driving like a manic pulling in first gear on evry stop signal at 90/100 then write to Nissan for seeking an explanation that how gear failed so early? and wht prevntive maintenance you can do foir saving it next time.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a slow driver and the car was well taken car of. In fact, it is only used from office ( Internet city) to home ( Dubai Marina) and vice versa. The 10,000 kms will took me around 6 months or even more as I don't drive a lot. It's unbelievable why I got this issue. It's my first breakdown in history of my ownership in this car back in 5 years. I don't know much about car, I need your sound opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Jennykiat24 said:

I don't actually know what they serviced last 6 months. I did not pay attention to it. Whatever they recommend I follow. Now, they advised me to change CVT that cost AED 21K , Cooler AE1300, Steering lock AED 1965, brake switch and battery at AED 550. I don't know if this happen to anyone here? That's why I badly need a credible workshop for 2nd opinion.

Then it's time to find out your service history if gear failed due to no oil change......!

Is your car moving in any gear or complete dead?

I don't think you need the second opinion if Nissan dealer said CVT failed then I'm sure they are serious. Now the question is how and where to repair. You can search Hoorani Automatic Gear in Sharjah, and find out how much they can rebuild the gear and also check with Dexol in Dubai. They both are good, dexol will be tad expensive and see which one offer better warranty for their work.

If you still need the second opinion then there are tons of General service workshop in Dubai here in business listing section, see which one is closer and go there.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Jennykiat24 said:

The service personnel says its moving fine now. I have to investigate further. Thanks for your opinion.

Sure, keep us posted on what they found out and how you fixed the issue

• Like (+1) 1