•  
Advertise here

Why only dealers have low milegae cars?

Danny

Am I the only one wondering this or has anyone spotted this too, that all dealers have low mileage cars and all private seller has high roller. Why...?

Does that mean all low mileage car owners selling there cars to dealer without even advertising or dealers are playing here with odo?

Hi @Danny. Well spotted. I will go with option 2. I sold one of my car to one of the dealers at 150k mileage for 38k. A month later I saw it for sale with 79k mileage at 55k.

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Isn't RTA fining if the odometer is reversed as that's why they are recording it on every passing.....?

However, I agree that used car dealers always have the best buy as they smell such a good thing and pick it up from the owner in a flash. 

I always, OK almost always buy low km cars and spend 2-3 months hunting as every low km I see and by the time I visit, it's already sold to a dealer (90% of the time).

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

People with more money than sense always tend to buy new, do all their services at the dealer and sell the car back to the dealer when they’re done to buy the latest model to keep up with the Joneses. People like that are easy pickings for the dealer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, kumara said:

What can't RTA spot it when go for registration?

@kumara things are changing and they do keep records of the kilometers now. But not stringently followed, but less chance of dealers cheating on you with local cars.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, sertac said:

When i was selling my Jeep RTA guys wrongly put 8xx.000 km for the odometer which was 377.000km. So is the new owner going to be in trouble because of this? 

If the buyer start believing Gov(here in this case RTA) than the seller show on ODO on dashboard, it will surely  going to be a problem.

See whether you can speak to same RTA branch and correct it.

• Thanks (+1) 1