•  
Advertise here

Pajero Diff lock blinking

Hi all I was looking for suggestion as I have 2009 pajero LWB 3.5 recently I did oil change for all like engine, ATF, transmission and differential all was changed with recommended grade and I started facing issue with diff lock indication after few mins drive in 2H which i never seen before since I bought this car in 2014 and now I felt something wrong with the oil or maybe the sensor malfunctioning after new oil can someone give some heads up about the actual reasons behind..

• Like (+1) 1

Check the small vacuum hoses on the front diff actuator. They tend to wear out. Make sure the piston that locks/unlocks the front wheels is not full of sand and debris.

You'll find lots of information on google about this common Pajero issue.

it's either

1) The solenoids which are located in the engine compartment

2) The vacuum hoses between solenoid and the diaphragm

3) Stuck actuator (piston) that engages or disengages 4WD

4)  Vacuum operated diaphragm

5) Sensor on the transfer case.

For some more information (there might be slight differences between the Pajero generations)

http://4wd.blogeasy.com/article.view.run?articleID=318776

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Of course, you have been helped enough with Fred and other comments, but just before you go whole nine yards I just like to ask you have you tried playing with lever a few times....? Put in several settings and drive for a few minutes, switch off the car and switch on again with few more attempts from 2H - 4H - 4HLC - 4LLC and back.

In my car, if I loosely push out the 4W to 2W I see that blinking occasionally, so I put back in 4W and snap back at 2W with a little hard hand and that blinking goes away.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, hossein said:

first, you have to check the sensors on the gearbox, maybe its blocked or rubber pipe is broken 

I have verified the physical conditions and it sounds good as there no such damages

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Check the small vacuum hoses on the front diff actuator. They tend to wear out. Make sure the piston that locks/unlocks the front wheels is not full of sand and debris.

You'll find lots of information on google about this common Pajero issue.

it's either

1) The solenoids which are located in the engine compartment

2) The vacuum hoses between solenoid and the diaphragm

3) Stuck actuator (piston) that engages or disengages 4WD

4)  Vacuum operated diaphragm

5) Sensor on the transfer case.

For some more information (there might be slight differences between the Pajero generations)

http://4wd.blogeasy.com/article.view.run?articleID=318776

Will check the above possibilities and I feel this is like false alarm only after few mins drive the information u provide was great and I am very much thankful for spending time to update hats off to all thank u 

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Of course, you have been helped enough with Fred and other comments, but just before you go whole nine yards I just like to ask you have you tried playing with lever a few times....? Put in several settings and drive for a few minutes, switch off the car and switch on again with few more attempts from 2H - 4H - 4HLC - 4LLC and back.

In my car, if I loosely push out the 4W to 2W I see that blinking occasionally, so I put back in 4W and snap back at 2W with a little hard hand and that blinking goes away.

I did once and it was fine when I drive 4x4 and in fact I have done a recovery also with that to one sedan who got struck in loose sand . Will do it again few more time and will update

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, Srikumar said:

@Praveenmp are you referring to the blinking orange light of the central diff lock?

Yes you are correct it’s still getting on only after 20-25 mins drive and no other issues for switching to 4x4H,L,LLc all are working perfectly while driving off road it’s no issue problem on-road after 20 mins in 2H.

planning to visit Garrage sometime this week will try to fix it

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I just thought i would add to this.

After my recent servicing and works on my 2006 Pajero, i experience the same symptoms (Central light blinking after short amount of driving).

After searching through the threads to find a solution, I found the problem which was a very simple fix. The vacuum hose had come loose. 

Just thought i would add to this thread so we can compile easy to understand solutions for this common issue. 

Vacuum hose.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2