•  

Intermediate Exploration Drive - Naqrah - 15th Mar 2019

Emmanuel

3 minutes ago, dberclaz said:

looks fantastic... especially the camping in the desert... Would love to join, but I don’t think I have yet the skills or the right wife to leave for the weekend :)

Yes, sorry. If you like to join our next newbie drive, most welcome ! 

• Like (+1) 1

Trip report.

Thank you @Emmanuel for graduating yourself within the club to be able to post what turned out to be an amazing place to discover. While you graduated through the different levels you have bought in many ideas and inputs to improve the experience of the new comers. Congratulations to @Javier M for graduating to the next level to enjoy this drive and thank you and Ramon for bringing your A game. Thank you to @Gaurav and @Srikumar for the support. A big thank you to @Asif Hussain bhai for joining us and giving us company.

As we met on time and experiencing a little rain on the way to the deflation point our hearts were racing with what was in store for us. Upon reaching the deflation point we were briefed well by @Emmanuel and started towards the start of a fantastic day ahead. Sorry, after being put in second lead after a long time I was waiting for everybody to move before I did and someone had to tell me to move behind Emmanuel.

As we started it was like a Veloceraptor was released from its cage. We had a good mix of some really fast paced drive through some gorgeous dunes and some really big dunes we could play on. Somehow we finished the first session on time to head out for Friday prayers and grab a quick bite.

If the first round was an appetizer, round two was the main course and desserts combined. It was even more quicker in pace even after 2 pop outs and a few stucks we were able to cover so much more and loved every moment. As the sun coming down we were trying to find a suitable stop to camp for the night. We finally found a reasonable bowl in which we settled.

As we settled we found two challenges, the wind due to which we couldn't set our tents and the passing drizzle which made it difficult to get the BBQ going. But @Javier M and Ramon didn't let the spirits dampenand got the BBQ going. Great preparations for both food and drinks along with music. Had to sleep in the car, but the best sleep ever with a great wake up call. After a quick brush of the teeth it was the wonderful breakfast provided by @Emmanuel and @Gaurav.

In conclusion have to admit didn't feel like going home after the brilliant day out with such wonderful people in some amazing dunes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you all for giving me this opportunity to learn, for your support, for the fun - and @Rahimdad for this perfect report. 

I hope you enjoyed as much as I did. 

• Like (+1) 4

Congratulations @Emmanuel on successfully leading his first official drive so wonderfully that at no time, I felt it was his first lead and that too in Sweihan. The second most important thing I love about this drive was impeccable planning with plenty of exit strategies depending on time and situation and still keeping the whole convoy moving. Well done for doing a solo recce trip to scout the fencing and awesome dunes. Keep it up and I'm sure you will be a great asset to Carnity Offroad Club and other offroaders in the future.

Congratulations @Javier M for joining the first intermediate drive and keeping the pace with the convoy at all times. I love your dedication to BBQ in the windiest and rainy conditions, to be honest, I was skeptical in the beginning, but later on, we found a way to hide under the mats, sunshades, and blankets. Truly a great night to remember, just because of the lovely company of like-minded enthusiast's from the drive - bbq - drinks - sleep in a car and waking up to yet another beautiful day.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-16 at 9.33.15 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-03-16 at 9.33.15 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Intermediate Exploration Drive - Naqrah - 15th Mar 2019

Important Information

Terms of use