•  
Advertise here

Need advice

Hi guys,.I'm looking for a used Pajero 5 doors but actually I don't know what I should look for, my budget arround 33k . I'm looking online and i found that will help to get car till 2013 model . For me all looks the same from model 2009 I think. So do u think that will be any different if I got like 2009 or 2010 so it's cheaper and I spend some more Mony on some Bullbars and good tires and accessories ? Also which the best market for the used Pajero. Thanx

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Ahmed and welcome to the forum !

If you are looking for a 5 door Pajero for around 33kaed, you should be able to find a decent model. Visually yes they look very similar but you should consider following specs:

1) 3.5 or 3.8 engine. depends a bit if you plan to take it offroad. If so, then the 3.8 would be your better option.

2) Towbar. Some have it, others don't.

3) Full option package with leather and Rockford Fosgate Sound System. Really worth it imho.

4) Rear Diff lock. Definitely useful if you plan on taking it to the desert.

The common sales pitch that the car is lady driven and never taken Off-road is very believable in a LWB Pajero. 80% of them are being used as daily mall crawler or school commuter. So you can definitely find one that has never seen the desert. For 33kaed go for a model that has proper maintenance schedule from a reputable dealer.

Bullbars will be a no-go for RTA so i would not spend my money on that. Give the Pajero good tyres like the Yokohama Geolandar A/T, proper fluids, and you're good to go. You can add some stuff like LED lights but those don't break the bank. 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Ahmed Yassin why is it that you are looking particularly for a Pajero? As per my knowledge the best models are after 2014 where some gearing issues were creased, @Srikumar can explain that better. Like @Frederic said bullbars are a no no with RTA and besides passing issues the police can stop you and give you fine for not being able to see your number plate through the bull bar. Please be specific what kind of mods you're looking for?

@Ahmed Yassin Pajero is good choice and as @Frederic pointed the 3.8 litre is a better option. Even if you want to take for light off-road and camping trips I would recommend you to join our off-road club for a couple of newbie trips to understand your vehicle and terrain a little better with the threats around so that you can equip yourself properly. All the best. Since you are new here a tip is bargain is normal here, so be prepared to haggle with the seller to get the best deal possible.

• Like (+1) 2