•  
Advertise here

K&N High Performance Air Filters

NSQRD

Hi guys.

I’m NSQRD-new member in the forum. 

I am looking to upgrade the performance of my 2008 IS 300 by adding a high airflow K&N Air Filter intake system.

Where would be the best place to purchase one and also would the IS 300 F Sport intake system fit on mine?

NSQRD

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome NSQRD, very different user id.

For K&N, I have two experience to share from my Mustang for road and Pajero for offroad.

There is a noticeable shift in throttle response (free flow) you will feel after the upgrade, in my opinion, air filter upgrade is not for additional 5-10 hp, but for quick delivery of existing hp that your car has. This does make you feel the car is more responsive and crisp in throttle response.

For road use, I will highly recommend K&N and better if you can get cone replacement for cold air intake, that practically makes a good difference. If you can't then upgrade a standard OEM with box replacement K&N is also worth the money.

For offroad use, as much as I love K&N but I hate its extensive maintenance to clean air dry and oil almost every month after 3-4 offroad sand drives. So now I keep the OEM for every week playing and switch to K&N if I'm heading to some extreme areas for long hill climb to get a better quick response.

For buying you can compare local price with K&N website, as I found their website was cheaper including the shipping and package came in 3 days times with FedEx. This also made me tension free that I'm buying an original one and not replica's

Last but not least K&N website warranty is awesome, I broke my Pajero filter and send them a few pictures on email and they send me the new one without asking anything within 3 days with FedEx without even shipping charges.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Gaurav for the in depth advice.

Does this installation come with any draw backs?

Also do you have any idea if 2008 IS 300 F Sport air intake system fits IS 300 2008? From the videos in Youtube, I saw that there are many people you installed but just wanted to ask another expert.

NSQRD

• Like (+1) 1

I have research K&N in full depth before going forward and 90% of people were happy and 10% were naysayer that it will spoil engine, etc. Due to the majority, I went ahead and never had an issue in actual usage in UAE dusty conditions.

In my Mustang I used it for 2 years, in my Pajero I'm using since 4-5 years.

I have no clue on IS 300 tbh. I had GS430 in the past when I was young and moved from 4 cyl Accord to 8 cyl Lexus so never felt a need for more power but actually concerned for how to put that 300 hp in a straight line.

Do share your research and experience about IS300 and K&N if you decide to go ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.