•  
Advertise here

Need help regarding TPMS error on Ford Explorer 2009

5 hours ago, Vinod Abraham said:

I have a Ford Explorer 2009 model and of late i see a Sensor Fault on my Dash Board. Can someone advise me the availability of used TPMS sensor in Dubai for 2009 Ford Explorer and where i can get it fixed. Would appreciate inputs.

You will easly find used TPMS sensor in Sharjah Saja used parts market for 75 to 100 AED per pc. and get it replaced at any tyre repair shop. (make sure you secure it properly with 3M double side tape and with heavy duty cable tie or metal strap) the original metal strap cannot be fixed again once removed. And later you need to relearn the TPMS using a special ford tool for which you have to spend another 200 AED at Al Qustas Auto Garage Sharjah Industrial Area.. Location 👇

https://goo.gl/maps/HzafeMnYGSz

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

To know exactly which tyre sensor is not working just deflate and inflate the tyres one by one... 

For Example:

Front left tyre, deflate to 20psi and check the dashboard and if it displays low tyre pressure it means it is working properly. Inflate front left tyre to normal psi and try other tyres one by one. The one with faulty TPMS will not display low tyre pressure.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

To know exactly which tyre sensor is not working just deflate and inflate the tyres one by one... 

For Example:

Front left tyre, deflate to 20psi and check the dashboard and if it displays low tyre pressure it means it is working properly. Inflate front left tyre to normal psi and try other tyres one by one. The one with faulty TPMS will not display low tyre pressure.

This is a sweet way of finding, from 6 months my wife Trailblazer has an icon and I'm just too lazy to figure out which one to open. Now I know and will sort the issue soon. Thanks Asif bhai for Ford wisdom.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

You will easly find used TPMS sensor in Sharjah Saja used parts market for 75 to 100 AED per pc. and get it replaced at any tyre repair shop. (make sure you secure it properly with 3M double side tape and with heavy duty tie wire or metal strap) the original metal strap cannot be fixed again once removed. And later you need to relearn the TPMS using a special ford tool for which you have to spend another 200 AED at Al Qustas Auto Garage Sharjah Industrial Area.. Location 👇

https://goo.gl/maps/HzafeMnYGSz

Thanks a lot Asif Bhai for the suggestions and will try to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

I think TPMS in this specific models are sealed type. Need to be replaced.

@Vinod Abraham you just give a try as Barry said. If you can replace battery then relearn is not required.

• Like (+1) 1

Asif Bhai thanks for your input and the TPMS sensor in Ford Explorer 2009 is a sealed unit.

17 hours ago, Barry said:

Why would you even bother with used? Maybe it just needs a battery. 

Thanks a lot Barry, for your input and the TPMS sensor in Ford Explorer 2009 is a sealed unit.

• Like (+1) 1