•  
Advertise here

Pajero.. Really?

21 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I am a bit dissapointed to see that "your" take on it is exactly the same as the old grumpy guy 🤐

My opinions aren't just based on the ramblings of the youtuber. Similar conclusions, Yes. I still maintain that the Pajero is a great family wagon. I used to watch the old rallies, see the Pajeros dominate. We have a friend who has an old 90s boxy shape Pajero and that thing still goes strong. It so rugged and durable.

The Pajero has always been a great vehicle, (bang for buck wise). If your budget is tight and you need a good 4x4 you'd do well with a Pajero. However, in recent years, I've come to expect less and less. Having been in numerous 4th Gens over the years, the ramblings aren't unfounded. I have friends with who have Mitsubishi Pajeros and Montero Sports and have faced mechanical issues from vehicles just over a year old. One had to replace his entire engine after just 4 years. Another keeps having oil leaks and the best part is that all these vehicles are maintained by the dealer.
I've sat in the middle of the rear seat myself and I could tell you that after a couple of hours driving, my butt was sore. This was all on road. Now imagine sitting there while driving through dunes. It would not be comfortable at all.
I'm not telling someone to take my word for it. Try it and you'll find out for yourself. Every one is different and you might like it. If that's so, that's excellent.
I'm just saying, if you're buying a Pajero, you need to know what you're getting into.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, knightjp said:

Now imagine sitting there while driving through dunes. It would not be comfortable at all.

Nope, on dunes, it will keep bouncing so you won't have PITA, lolol.

3 minutes ago, knightjp said:

I'm just saying, if you're buying a Pajero, you need to know what you're getting into.

Very well said

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Your primary concern is your back, and that cannot be fixed by a particular car brand or type of seat. It is a for manufacturer a huge challenge to build seats that fits all. In some cases, the most basic cars can deliver more seat comfort than some advanced multi adjustment seats in high end cars. For example, my wife who is 5ft, and weighs about 45kg sits very comfortable in her 2017 Lexus RX350. I am 6.3ft, way to heavy, and cannot find a good seating position/comfort in this SUV and will not last a ride to Abu Dhabi. But I feel very comfortable in the much bigger seats of my 2018 Silverado; I can drive a whole day without complaints.

I see here a lot of support here for Pajero's; they are great SUV's, but they are of an old design and do not set high standards on overall comfort. However, depending on your posture it could be that your back may feel very comfortable in that seat. You just have to try it during a long test drive. 

I am also quite sensitive to a good seating position and quality, and found 3 brands that did very well for me in providing me seating comfort. Volvo (the best), Chevy and Mercedes. The worst in my experience are Ford Explorer, to short and narrow and Toyota Landcruiser, to short and bad backrest). Many people may disagree, and that is correct... its personal.

Test drive a lot of different cars and take your pick....

Edited by edino0408
  • Like (+1) 3

For me the best and most comfy seats are from a P38 range rover, so much so that I even retro fitted them in my Land Rover discovery and another friend after checking them out fitted them out in his Jeep XJ.

I also have the latter next gen of Range Rover the L322 but still prefer the seats of the older one.

Personally having sat in many generations of the Pajero I dont find them anything to write home about. Just your average run of the mill basic stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

There is tons of reviews on the internet about all the cars but you can't make most of them as a reference, I have my car since 2008 and after these years still I'm happy with it, thanks God after this long I never had issues about the engine, leakage or...only routine services, any cars needed, If you compare about price and quality of the pajero, I can say it's best valued 4x4 suv for families, daily use and offroad, off course if you do not care about it even the tank will get damaged, I'm sure if I change my road tires to a/ts offroad capability of 3.8 will beat other cars easily

• Like (+1) 4

In my Opinion the Pajero is highly under estimated. I have mine for quite sometime and I have no regrets owning it. 

Speaking about Offroad capabilities, I was able to drive upto Iftar bowl without a fuss. 

Have not faced any overheating issues yet. 

It may not be that quick, but it gets there...

• Like (+1) 3

Friends! I have an update. I'm even more confused now. Had been to well known used car dealer saw 2015 Prado 4.0 EXR with odo reading at 94K kms. Had a test ride found it OK. Best part was, it had lumbar support. Saw few pajeros too, comparatively It had whole lot of options. But being Toyota fan till now I will be more comfortable with tried and tested one. Asking price is 90000 which includes 1 year 20K warranty. I need to decide quickly by tomorrow. My only concern is only 94K odo reading. Please help with your valuable suggestions guys. 

Syed Yasir 

Edited by syedyaseer
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2019 at 2:31 PM, syedyaseer said:

My budget will be maxed at 50 K for decent 7 seater with possibilities desert/off-road drives.

50 - 90K is a big jump or a change of mind.

You can never research and fairly justify that research if you keep changing your budget, as you will actually fail to compare apple to apple in that same league of a car because you start research with 50K budget (4 days ago) and then end up buying 90K car (in 1 day).

Prado's are indeed better in terms of comfy and offroad capability but comes with a bigger price tag and you have to factor that point that will you be comfortable hitting 7K rpm on 50K AED car or 90K AED for offroad drives.

Another question, do you need 7 seater offroader too or is it for road purpose only?

If it's only for a road, then splitting this 90K for two cars will be a better idea to have the best of both the world.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Friends! I have an update. I'm in more confused now. Had been to well known used car dealer saw 2015 Prado 4.0 with odo reading at 94K kms. Had a test ride found it OK. Best part was, it had lumbar support. Saw few pajeros too, comparatively It had whole lot of options. But being Toyota fan till now I will be more comfortable with tried and tested one. Asking price is 90000 which includes 1 year 20K warranty. I need to decide quickly by tomorrow. My only concern is only 94K odo reading. Please help with your valuable suggestions guys. 

Syed Yasir 

27 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

50 - 90K is a big jump or a change of mind.

You can never research and fairly justify that research if you keep changing your budget, as you will actually fail to compare apple to apple in that same league of a car because you start research with 50K budget (4 days ago) and then end up buying 90K car (in 1 day).

Prado's are indeed better in terms of comfy and offroad capability but comes with a bigger price tag and you have to factor that point that will you be comfortable hitting 7K rpm on 50K AED car or 90K AED for offroad drives.

Another question, do you need 7 seater offroader too or is it for road purpose only?

If it's only for a road, then splitting this 90K for two cars will be a better idea to have the best of both the world.

Mr. Gaurav, Agree to what you have mentioned above in response to my concerns. Pajero 3rd row seating is just like a small bench with no proper support. My both kids aged 7 and 4 years said we would like to sit on 2nd row seats instead. Also I agree to your point of comparing apple to apple. Lets keep this comparison aside. I would overwhelmingly wait for your suggestions on considering prado itself giving the odo reading, price factor and  reliability of the machine. It was told to me that next major service will be at 120k which may cost around 3k. Considering my usage of around 10-12k kms a year it may take atleast 2 years to reach 120k kms. 

• Confused (0) 1