•  
Advertise here

Pajero.. Really?

25 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

I would overwhelmingly wait for your suggestions on considering prado itself giving the odo reading, price factor and  reliability of the machine.

I'm sorry I won't be able to help you much on the pricing as I'm not researching the Prado resale value.

2015 and 94K km looks a tad more than average 20K - 24K km per year usage, so it can't command an extra premium rather break a price little than other low mileage cars.

Reliability, Prado is a famous flagship model so nothing much can go wrong most of the time.

Dealer cars, no comment as I never bought one from a dealer in the last 18 years in Dubai.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Prado is my favorite and I have a soft corner for it. They are reliable and if your heart desires the Prado and price difference is not an issue for AED 85k you can get a brand new Pajero with one year free petrol, service and Salik. As the oils degrade over time I think the Prado needs a service every 10k kilometers or 6 months whichever comes first. So if major service is due in 20k kilometers you'll have to do that service within a year.

I have had bad experience buying from the dealers their second hand cars as once bought they start giving you huge bills during your service, if you point out that the car is under warranty they just tell you that warranty is for major parts like engine and gearbox while these are only wear and tear items. Plus they are overpriced compared to the market.

It's your choice, I like @Gaurav bhai advise of having one car for road and another for off road if your budget is AED 90k. My wife's car is still available and you can view and try it out any time.

Wish you luck with your decision.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/16/2019 at 10:33 PM, syedyaseer said:

Friends! I have an update. I'm even more confused now. Had been to well known used car dealer saw 2015 Prado 4.0 EXR with odo reading at 94K kms. Had a test ride found it OK. Best part was, it had lumbar support. Saw few pajeros too, comparatively It had whole lot of options. But being Toyota fan till now I will be more comfortable with tried and tested one. Asking price is 90000 which includes 1 year 20K warranty. I need to decide quickly by tomorrow. My only concern is only 94K odo reading. Please help with your valuable suggestions guys. 

Syed Yasir 

Well, that (budget) escalated quickly...

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys. Finally it was heart over mind. Was looking for Pajero. Ended up buying Prado. Believe me im enjoying every inch of it. I did compare my initial few days of driving with fortuner. Alhamdulillah im very much satisfied with the ride quality. Also happy that im not feeling any uneasiness due to my back pain issue. This will be my 4th car in UAE since i started my career in UAE. 

Edited by syedyaseer
Image Removed
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, syedyaseer said:

Guys. Finally it was heart over mind. Was looking for Pajero. Ended up buying Prado. Believe me im enjoying every inch of it. I did compare my initial few days of driving with fortuner. Alhamdulillah im very much satisfied with the ride quality. Also happy that im not feeling any uneasiness due to my back pain issue. This will be my 4th car in UAE since i started my career in UAE. 

Prado Key22.jpg

Congrats on the new ride ! May it give you many miles of pleasure and very little headaches and back-aches :) 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."