•  

Post-drive car care

edouard

@Chirag S. nothing will happen if they open the bonnet and spray the engine bay. Years ago some cars used to have a problem starting if water was sprayed in the engine bay with high pressure as water used to get into places it should not but with current cars it is not a problem. 

I pressure wash the engine bay on my Grand Cherokee every alternate week and have been doing this to my cars for the last 10 years at least. If you do have access to an air blower, use that to blow out the excess water after the wash or ask the service center to do it if you are getting the car washed out. 

Besides it being a good habit to keep the engine bay clean, it also helps you detect any new leaks that need your attention. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Brette said:

@Chirag S. nothing will happen if they open the bonnet and spray the engine bay. Years ago some cars used to have a problem starting if water was sprayed in the engine bay with high pressure as water used to get into places it should not but with current cars it is not a problem. 

I pressure wash the engine bay on my Grand Cherokee every alternate week and have been doing this to my cars for the last 10 years at least. If you do have access to an air blower, use that to blow out the excess water after the wash or ask the service center to do it if you are getting the car washed out. 

Besides it being a good habit to keep the engine bay clean, it also helps you detect any new leaks that need your attention. 

Good to know. Thanks for your guidance

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chirag S. said:

Good to know. Thanks for your guidance

I had Daewoo Matiz 2001 model in my home town. Once i had faced this issue. Soon after full wash ignition itself was not working. I panicked and was worried of my dad anger if he come to know about this. Luckily the guy who washed had some idea on water getting clogged in some area for specially Matiz. He did something for 5 minutes and thankfully ignition was restored. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

As a simple rule of thumb, it's better to put plastic on battery, alternator and ignition if it's exposed out before spraying any water in new/old cars. I don't prefer cleaning engine bay often, as it will become a sand magnet soon after instead, I do it once in 6 months.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@syedyaseer I too had a similar issue with one of my vehicles, soon after I have one rule, no water in the engine bay. Too many electronics nowadays to take any risk. Only clean engine bay with air.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use