Jump to content

Carnity Points System

timmyjt

Any Long term reviews? Past warranty

Recommended Posts

Hi there, 

I am seriously considering getting a Dodge Durango, havent decided on the trim or the v6 vs v8. 

 

Here are my reasons : Great Price with the current offers and low monthly installment

Excellent mileage for an SUV ..almost 17+ kms per liter. 

Great looking vehicle

Good enough SUV and I prefer SUVs.

 

Anybody driven this for more than 5 years? I am worried about maintenance beyond the warranty period as I plan to keep it at least for 8 years or more. Any other comments / tips? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my cousins had a Durango and he put donkey miles on it and soon after the warranty is over, it becomes the money pit as most of the things are designed to fail just after the warranty period.

My advice is to drive until you have a warranty and sell it just before it gets over an upgrade. No doubt the SUV is good value for money as per performance, luxury and features you can get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Jeep Commander which is from the same family, it was the 5.7 Hemi variant top of the line. The most comfortable and powerful ride I ever owned. However the best time to own it is within warranty as @Gaurav has mentioned, they do have extension of warranty for 6 years or 150000 kms whichever comes first, but after those 6 years best bet to sell it or else it is going to empty your pockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 11:01 AM, timmyjt said:

Hi there, 

I am seriously considering getting a Dodge Durango, havent decided on the trim or the v6 vs v8. 

 

Here are my reasons : Great Price with the current offers and low monthly installment

Excellent mileage for an SUV ..almost 17+ kms per liter. 

Great looking vehicle

Good enough SUV and I prefer SUVs.

 

Anybody driven this for more than 5 years? I am worried about maintenance beyond the warranty period as I plan to keep it at least for 8 years or more. Any other comments / tips? 

 

 

Did you drive it because most of the 4 wheels do not give more than 10 or 11KM per liter as per my experience, Please drive it in between full tank because the system can show anything. As advised Gaurav wonderful car but these car but sell it before the warranty expires and note when you sell it do not expect anything as it may be sold at lowest price.

 

I recommend take it for rent, drive it for a day to get an exact KM.

 

 

Thanks.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Thanks @Gaurav 

@Rahimdad @Abdullah Ghafar

for your advice. So from the looks of it, it doesn't look like an economical long term purchase. Its an 8 speed automatic and its got the municipality sticker too stating that it is high mileage. This is definitely one of the few SUV with this kind of mileage, but then its not meant for off road and probably not so good off road. 

 Any other suggestions on a good mileage SUV, which I can economically keep for 7-10 years at least. I prefer SUV because theres a lot of highway driving and it so much comfortable to drive at a elevated seating, less tiring and occasionally I park it at sandy sites. 

I love the Land Cruiser and the Nissan Patrol....but they are gas guzzlers? and it doesnt help if I drive almost 500kms a day..fuel costs add to up a lot. I know LC and NP will live for 10 hours plus and no issues. 

 

Any suggestions?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big SUV and fuel efficiency can't go in the same sentence. You might be better off looking at a compact SUV if you are doing 500 km a day. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wnt to say the same thing, you need fuel to push big weight in end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, timmyjt said:

So Thanks @Gaurav 

@Rahimdad @Abdullah Ghafar

for your advice. So from the looks of it, it doesn't look like an economical long term purchase. Its an 8 speed automatic and its got the municipality sticker too stating that it is high mileage. This is definitely one of the few SUV with this kind of mileage, but then its not meant for off road and probably not so good off road. 

 Any other suggestions on a good mileage SUV, which I can economically keep for 7-10 years at least. I prefer SUV because theres a lot of highway driving and it so much comfortable to drive at a elevated seating, less tiring and occasionally I park it at sandy sites

I love the Land Cruiser and the Nissan Patrol....but they are gas guzzlers? and it doesnt help if I drive almost 500kms a day..fuel costs add to up a lot. I know LC and NP will live for 10 hours plus and no issues.  

 

Any suggestions?

 

 

Take a look at Mitsubishi Pajero or montero slightly less with fuel consumption than LC and NP. otherwise Ford Explorer is also a good option but keep in mind ford explorer is better than dodge in resale and maintenance but is worse comparing NP and LC.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen too many problems with Ford. My favourite will remain Prado, if fuel efficiency is important go for the 4 cylinder one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Seen too many problems with Ford. My favourite will remain Prado, if fuel efficiency is important go for the 4 cylinder one.

The Prado looks like a great option.. Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use