•  

Morning Newbie Pink Rock - 22 Mar 2019

Rahimdad

Since there are a lot of Newbies requesting for a morning drive, this one is for you. I am planning on a relaxing morning drive from Tawi Nizwa shops to Pink Rocks and if time permits to finish it off at the Big Red. Plan to play all along the way, so we can enjoy for a couple of hours before the heat kicks in. This will also be an opportunity for those who have not been in this area to explore a newbie level terrain where you can explore and learn the techniques of off-roading.

When: 22 March 2019

Meeting time: 07:30 AM, the convoy will move sharply at 07:45 AM

Where: Tawi Nizwa shops GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382

Level of drive: Newbie but all levels are welcome to join

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance

What to bring along: Breakfast snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles and courage.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ahmed Azmy said:

I am sorry team, i can not join tomorrow, could not change my shift at hospital.

enjoy ✌️

Sorry for that. See you next time. Please unregister from the drive.

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Pink Rock - 22 Mar 2019

Trip Report.

What a magical day. Started with a sprinkle of rain. Reached to the meeting point to find everybody waiting. Great to see such enthusiasm and energy. After our newbie brief we headed to the deflation point. Once the convoy numbering was assigned we were off. The new comers and first timers were absolutely putting everything briefed in to practice. After a couple of refusals we tried to move but had to stop as one of the cars was having a slight issue. The car was safely guided back to the road and the owner joined Emmanuel to learn from the passenger seat.

We started again and the weather kept us very comfortable. As we slowly but steadily made it towards Pink Rocks, we came across a few camels. Not to disturb them from their breakfast we parked our cars at a distance and started to walk towards them. They were gracious to accept us in their terrain and after a few hugs, pets and selfies we were back to our cars and headed to the base of Pink Rocks.

As we came close to the Pink Rocks we could see and hear the roaring engines of those playing on the Pink Rocks. Eventually we made it to the base and settled down. I should thank everybody for some amazing breakfast, looked better than what the camels were having and surely tasted wonderful.

As we came to the end of our breakfast everyone was quick to help pack up. At this point we headed to the top of Pink Rocks, everybody made it to the top which is commendable for first timers and newbies. We headed out in a slightly more challenging track which bought us out to 2nd December Cafeteria which was closed for Friday prayers. With a little helping hand we could inflate all the cars. At this point we headed back home, or Friday prayers for the Muslims. And @Emmanuel, @Srikumar and I headed to Al Faqa area for the afternoon drive.

Well done to all and looking forward to to many more drives. All newbies please do share your experience. My pictures have already been updated in the Gallery.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use