•  
Advertise here

Car insurance

3 minutes ago, Keithryan said:

For a 2008 model, your premium seems to be very high. My 2014 Pajero's insurance is Dhs 2K, full comprehensive from RSA.

Just out of curiosity, what is your car's insured value?

Most of the insurance don't make comprehensive if car for more than 10 years but I checked with other companies also, the car value is 28000, its perfect motor insurance from axa

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, Gaurav said:

Nothing is nonsense here at Carnity @Jayakrishnan. People like you, Emmanuel, Frederic who ask a lot of questions help many other users in clarifying their doubts without even asking.

• Insurance is more or less the same as the road coverage: the Third party will not cover your car and Comprehensive will most likely cover your car for any offroad damages.
  • Yes, you do need a police report for any damage done in offroad so that insurance can open a claim. If it's a collision it's a straight case of red and green paper like on road. If it's accidental damage hitting the dune, trees etc. then police report will come with a fine amount of 400 dhs (I guess) as it's your fault and the insurance will take care of the damages within the stipulated excess amount you have as per your policy.
  • Most insurance companies don't cover offroad damage, and others like RSA, AXA and Oman do cover offroad damage and one needs to read their offroad coverage clause carefully as some mention 5 meters away from the road and others have no distance limitation.
  • If you behave well and follow all the rules and convoy discipline chances are you will never damage your car. Almost all the accidents I have seen are caused by drivers who either think they can venture by themselves or just like to try some more adventure by breaking the convoy.
  • In my last 12 years of offroad, I have accidentally damaged my car twice - first was in 2006, when I was learning and broke the convoy to go little left and right and ended up on nose dive. The second was in 2017 when dune ended with a sharp drop and soft sand resulting in nose dive again because I was too fast in technical dunes (my mistake).

Thanks a lot Gaurav for valuable advise. Will look for the best option accordingly.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, Jayakrishnan said:

HI , 

Would like to get some expert opinion to renew my car insurance Pajero 2016 3.5LT.

My query is , do i need to take a additional off road package to get the insurance coverage while off road ?

What is the normal process if we come across any car body damage while off road like Bumper,mud flap damages ?Does it can cover in the normal insurance?

In roads if we met an accident , we have to get the police report . What about in Desert ? Is the process is same like road accidents ?

These are few general doubts in my mind ,Pardon me if you all feels it like nonsense.

Jay

I have compared all the quotations received last few days.The best i got from New india insurance company for an amount of 1680 dhs for full comprehensive package with off road cover for an car value for 60000 dhs. Excess amount have to pay in off road claims if the mistake is happened from my side. The package is with out substitute car cover. 

Does any one have experience with Newindia insurance company?

By the way , thanks a lot for all of your feedback , its really helped me to get better grip on things. 

Jay

• Like (+1) 2

I have New India Insurance, and for recovery they will only cover within the city limits. So if you have a breakdown in Dubai they will tow your vehicle only till Dubai which for me is frankly of no use.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Recently when i tried to register my prado,quote received from the dealer was 5K+ for the car value 150K. Im with OIC since 2013. based on my NCB till date i was offered around 3.5K (All Inclusive).

• Like (+1) 1