•  
Advertise here

Car detailing advice

Gaurav

I had some door scratches in my Range Rover and I cleaned them last week with compound scratch out polish. Almost all of them were gone except these few long white coloured marks.

Any advice on how to get rid of these stubborn marks, as are 100% superficial and not inside the cracked paint.

20190310_094804.jpg

20190310_094811.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If you can't polish it out, its probably went through the lacquer and down to the paint. I have a good guy who does smart repairs, can fix it without repainting the whole panel. Message me if you want his number.

• Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav run your nail over it and check if it is on the paint or if it has gone through the clear coat. If it feels like it is on the paint it can be removed with detailing clay. If it has gone through the clear coat but not very deep, wet sanding with 3000 grit sand paper will get off and then with a little elbow grease and some polish you can get it back to normal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks, @Brette will give it a go with clay, but sandpaper is little out of the league for my level of DIY - scared to spoil the original paint instead.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks, @Brette will give it a go with clay, but sandpaper is little out of the league for my level of DIY - scared to spoil the original paint instead.

@Gaurav I can help you with that if the clay does not work. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, Barry said:

If you can't polish it out, its probably went through the lacquer and down to the paint. I have a good guy who does smart repairs, can fix it without repainting the whole panel. Message me if you want his number.

How to contact you BRO!!! 

Important Information

Terms of use