•  
Advertise here

Cookie Cutter SUVs

desertdude

True that's the future now, creativity is limited to individual company shapes, lines, and arc only

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Add to that the wind-tunnel performance and strict safety regulations that basically puts these companies in a very tight box.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

23 hours ago, Frederic said:

Add to that the wind-tunnel performance and strict safety regulations that basically puts these companies in a very tight box.

Why do these limitations apply only to SUV's? Sedans and hatchbacks also have to conform to strict safety regulations, and yet they don't all look alike.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, Frederic said:

How come creativity is limited due to regulation, I seriously want to understand

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, nutbolt said:

How come creativity is limited due to regulation, I seriously want to understand

From what I’ve read a while back, there is a huge pressure on car makers to make their cars as streamlined and aerodynamic as possible to achieve their emission and efficiency numbers. The front of the cars look very similar now as a result of the focus on pedestrian safety and NCAP scores. The big door pillars protect against rollovers, and on top of that many of the designers moved from the big German car makes to the Koreans or even the Chinese brands. So yes I think these factors cause the cars to look very similar nowadays.

• Confused (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."