•  
Advertise here

Car pool

nutbolt

What is the final take on carpooling in UAE? Sometimes I read that it's not allowed, and other friend says if you register with RTA then you can do car pool in Dubai safely. Any clue on how does carpooling abudhabi takes? 

I have a month-long project in Abu Dhabi and I plan to share my car with two other friends from Dubai to Abu dhabhi going to the same office every day.

• Like (+1) 1

If you’re giving a ride to friends, it’s fine. If you take money, it’s illegal. Hit up Facebook, search for carlift. Without meaning to be racists, Filipinos seem to be the main illegal taxi operators operating under the car lift term. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Thanks Barry for the quick reply, we are considering both ways where one day each one of us takes the car and no one pays to anyone. second way where they all use my car being spacious and comfy and share the fuel and service cost.

do you know for first way do we need to take some legal permission or permit for car pooling?

• Like (+1) 1

carpooling is perfectly legal and also RTA made a sharekni site and app for registering users interested to share their car or ride as a passenger

http://sharekni-web.sdg.ae/en/index.aspx?id=1

RTA announces the legality of carpooling in the Emirate of Dubai. Everyone is encouraged to carpool through the Sharekni system. By offering shared ride you will directly contribute to reducing traffic in Dubai and participate in the development of the city.

• Like (+1) 2