•  
Advertise here

Car buying advice: GX460 vs Prado vs Grand Cherokee

J JOSE

Thank you, 

great to be here!

i am planning for an upgrade from my current Toyota camry, which i had it for the last 10 years. 

i have a few options in mind,  but difficult to choose from, look forward for your advice. 

Lexus GX460 2014 

Prado V6 limited 2018, 

and 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 

the Vehicle will be used for normal office drive, no plans for desert, my first preference would be reliability and fuel economy of vehicles. i look forward for your replies. i will be test driving GX460 2017 model today, because i really got blow away by the features of this car. 

• Like (+1) 1

Reliability and resale will be more with Toyota, then Lexus and last will be in Jeep.

Comfort and features will be more in Jeep than Japanese. @Brette has similar JGC can advise on the fuel economy for road usage.

It's best you drive all of them to see which one fits your taste more as they all are equally good. My only advice is to filter one of the Japanese so that you can compare either Prado OR GX vs JGC, to have a fair comparison.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My 2 cents worth....if it were me ..it would be Lexus GX. You get the best of both wrolds ...legendary Japanese reliability and better resale...and of course being a Lexus ...its great. 

Depends on what you want in the end...

Spend less, reliable , resale ..good average ride. - Prado

Spend some more, reliable, a great looking head turning ride with all sorts of features 

Jeep....don't know much ..I have test driven it ... it's definitely a great ride...but resale is bad..so it's not for me. You really have to love the ride to want it. Nothing wrong with it.

I choose the GX because it's a great mix.

Good luck 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Comfort and features will be more in Jeep than Japanese. @Brette has similar JGC can advise on the fuel economy for road usage.

@J JOSE I have the 2017 JGC and the average FE is between 8.4 to 8.9 in city. On long drives I get over 10.5 kmpl. 

If I were you I'd weigh my options and preferences carefully as this would be a long term investment. Since you only want a vehicle to use to office and back with no intentions to use it offroad and particular about the FE, why are you looking at a 4x4? You rather invest in a good sedan with all the features that you need and it may work out cheaper overall and give you a way better FE. 

Back to the JGC, I have driven it almost 40k km in a year and have had absolutely no issues in terms of road usage or stability but if you do ever have issues, it is going to be more expensive to fix compared to your other options. 

As a person who loves cars, I'd say don't only go with FE unless you are really driving a lot as in time you will regret it and will always have that voice inside you saying ' I should have gone with what I really wanted'. Speaking from experience here. 😥

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use