Jump to content

Carnity Points System

Fuad

Tyre pop out - reasons, tools required & how to fix it?

Recommended Posts

Today i had a popup while driving - so my kind suggestion will be a tyre tool(tool used to put back tyre back to rim) as we deflated and inflated it 4 times to put back to rim and somehow survived. 

It will be good if anyone in the convoy have it. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fuad I don't remember you having a pop out with us, did you venture out on your own? We normally carry a plank of wood, with a proper heavy duty scissor jack, some rough water and a good air compressor for pop outs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, Rahimdad said:

@Fuad I don't remember you having a pop out with us, did you venture out on your own? We normally carry a plank of wood, with a proper heavy duty scissor jack, some rough water and a good air compressor for pop outs.

I had a pop out on drive with pajero group and had the worst pop out. We were not able to fix back it on 3 attempts as tyre doesn't fully got back to rim on side. 

 

22F80E62-5C39-42CA-AD13-192AC0484558.jpeg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fuad this doesn't seem so bad. Did the tyre pop out from the back side of the rim as well? Then you might have had a bigger issue 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fuad said:

I had a pop out on drive with pajero group and had the worst pop out. We were not able to fix back it on 3 attempts as tyre doesn't fully got back to rim on side. 

 

Fixing pop out is very easy if you do it properly if the tyre had not come out of the rim. The difficult part is sometimes to level the vehicle to flat surface to jack it up.

Required Tools: Strong Wooden plank, Jack, Some water to clean the sand from side of the rim and air compressor. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fuad said:

I had a pop out on drive with pajero group and had the worst pop out. We were not able to fix back it on 3 attempts as tyre doesn't fully got back to rim on side. 

 

22F80E62-5C39-42CA-AD13-192AC0484558.jpeg

you should've seen the popup we had the other day, it was the 2nd time for me to witness a pop out, both were nasty, they looked worst than this one, and both fixed, challenge was what @Asif Hussain said

my question is, why do they happen? i mean the both cases i witnessed were with good tyres, and the low pressure wasn't that low to cause a pop out, i mean i was told these tyres should be fine at that level. i've been driving with my bad tyres with as low pressure but didn't face a pop out, and i started to believe maybe chinese tyres are not so bad, until i saw them the other night hehe, i need to upgrade now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, G.huz said:

you should've seen the popup we had the other day, it was the 2nd time for me to witness a pop out, both were nasty, they looked worst than this one, and both fixed, challenge was what @Asif Hussain said

my question is, why do they happen? i mean the both cases i witnessed were with good tyres, and the low pressure wasn't that low to cause a pop out, i mean i was told these tyres should be fine at that level. i've been driving with my bad tyres with as low pressure but didn't face a pop out, and i started to believe maybe chinese tyres are not so bad, until i saw them the other night hehe, i need to upgrade now.

I think it comes down to these factors:

1) Road tyres vs Offroad tyres: Most road tyres are not meant to be deflated to 14psi as their wall strength is to weak.

2) Offroad driving behaviour: taking quick sharp turns definitely causes pop-outs to happen faster.

3) Type/model of rim.

4) Weight of the vehicle.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion of tire brands, Dunlop Grandtrek is the worst of tire for offroading and I had plenty of pop out in first my first year of offforading on LC + Grandtrek. Changed to Michelin and pop out was a history.

Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 and AT22 both are bad when deflated to 12 PSI, and you can't enjoy dune bashing much at 14 and above

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kindly suggest me tyres for pajero LWB , i am planning to change. 

My Rim is 17 and i am also planning to change it to 16 as heard its good for offroading. 

Kindly advise. 🙏🏻

5 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@Fuad this doesn't seem so bad. Did the tyre pop out from the back side of the rim as well? Then you might have had a bigger issue 

Yeah it came on from other side too a bit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 16-inch tire is better for offroading, but 17 inch is also not too bad. You can upgrade to an inch height more to get more rubber and a bigger footprint in 17 inches. I had 17 on my LC and with Michelin if perform really well.

Yokohama Geolander and Michelin are my two favorite brands. Geolander gives you best for offroading for rocks and sand with minimal road noise. Michelin will give you best in the sand (not much on rocks) with no road noise.

Instead of wasting money on downsizing rim, you can look into lifting the car by 2 inches either by offroad suspension or by a spacer (separate topic to discuss).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use