•  

Morning Newbie drive Maliha 29 Mar 2019

Rahimdad

This drive is for those enthusiastic Newbie members to work on their technique and get closer to the next level. All are invited. This time we will drive in Maliha Kalba are that offers perfect opportunity to learn in very safe and easy tracks to medium rolling dunes. Looking for an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have a great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. 

When: 29 March 2019

Meeting time: 7:00 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 7:15 AM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ye28yTnTSYr

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, and Fewbie

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:00 AM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Minimum 5 participants required or drive will be cancelled.

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Rahimdad you got 6 signup in today morning itself, more than 5 you asked for. Looks like newbies really love you and your drives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie drive Maliha 29 Mar 2019
On 3/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, Rahimdad said:

This drive is for those enthusiastic Newbie members to work on their technique and get closer to the next level. All are invited. This time we will drive in Maliha Kalba are that offers perfect opportunity to learn in very safe and easy tracks to medium rolling dunes. Looking for an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have a great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. 

When: 29 March 2019

Meeting time: 7:00 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 7:15 AM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ye28yTnTSYr

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, and Fewbie

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:00 AM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Minimum 5 participants required or drive will be cancelled.

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

Too much of fog,I’m on my way. How do I contact you? pls WhatsApp or call me on +971553977776

• Like (+1) 1

It was a first time for me today and being an absolute newbee, i wasnt sure if i had made a right choice tagging along with this group. But the day was full of suprises, and loads of fun. Firstly i would like to thank Rahim bhai & Gaurav and not to forget Eduardo and the others( sorry forgot their names) who really made my day. the whole day was perfectly organised. got stuck twice and superman Gaurav was there in a blink to tell me what do do next. and voila!! all solved in a second. the amazing thing was not just the drive alone. it was also the passion we could see in these people in regards to being helpful. i have come across many people organising a lot of events. but these people were with you in every aspect when needed. i would like to thank Asif also for the broadcast and assistance.

in Short i dont know if its the people today or if its the drive that was the best. Lets give it a tie. Both the people and the drive today were the best . i am looking forward to be on the next drive very soon. cant wait to deflate my tires again :-)

• Like (+1) 6

Trip report.

Firstly a big thank you to @razeen hasan for taking the time to post his experience. It is feedback and love like this that pushes us to do better every time.

Unlike the past 2 Fridays, started of with fog instead of rain. The fog was quite thick in places and we had a slight delay in start. Everybody was in good spirits and after our Newbie brief we were off for the drive. We started on some flat track with a few bends and curves just to give a feel of how the cars behave in the sands.

As I normally do in my newbie drives the level was picked up slightly to experiment with the throttle. As expected there were a few refusals and a stuck, but with the experienced Marshals at hand for help all learned quickly on how to apply throttle in different situations. I thoroughly enjoyed myself to see the newbies learn and pick up the tricks and more importantly apply our teachings and put it into practice.

As we drove through a fairly easy terrain due to the recent rains which had the sand firmly in place, we reached a very tempting area to play in. Although newbies were not allowed to participate, except for the few who have driven before. We did not have much of slide or sand flying due to the hard surface. But it was enjoyable nevertheless. Time just flew as we had loads of fun. It was time to move and we headed to the shaded area. Many thanks to all for the snacks and breakfast, the breakfast break was just as enjoyable as the drive itself. After the breakfast we just passed the couple of dunes to drive on to the track and out.

Once we were on the tarmac we removed our flags, and shifted to 2 wheel drive mode to slowly drive to the Adnoc pump. This is where we inflated and headed for the Friday prayers. Reached home safely after a satisfying day, can't say the same for @Gaurav bhai as he had to head for his afternoon drive. A big thanks to @Gaurav, @eduardo@Brette and @Fuad for taking responsibilities during the drive and keeping the convoy safe and moving. @Faiz khan also showed good potential and keep your eyes open to another Fewbie in the group soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use