•  

All level Offroad Drive - Pink Rock - BBQ - 5 Apr 2019

Gaurav

10 hours ago, razeen hasan said:

went to EB n EA got everything except my flag pole. i even got the window remover to stick on the glass. but no sign of flag pole. probably try to buy a helium balloon for now and tie it to the rear :-) 

You should try in some of the hardware stores in the back lanes.

There is a shop which displays them outside and it’s really hard to miss.

• Like (+1) 1

Trip report from a Fewbie prospective.

We had 2 weeks of starting the drive with rain in the air. Last week was starting the drive in thick fog. This week was different, cloudy but hot. Thank goodness for @shadow79 nice work with the AC kept me cool. I found Friday prayers in the new mosque near Al Awir and headed to the meeting point. As there were no absolute newbies we had a quick brief from @Gaurav bhai and we were off to the deflation point.

After deflation we were divided into 2 groups, newbie and Fewbie level. @Gaurav bhai headed the newbie group with @Srikumar in the sweep, I headed the Fewbie group with @Emmanuel in the sweep. The newbie group also had @Maxiben, @razeen hasan, @AKR, @Sharme and @Chirag S., my group had @Brette, @yogic72 and @Fuad.

As decided 10 minutes after the newbie convoy starting we took off on the right side through some technical dunes with some really soft patches. After having 3 difficult stucks taking over an hour to clear we found an amazing stretch which got us close to the newbie convoy in about 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes were the best 20 minutes I had in a long time. Fast paced and zero stucks in those 20 minutes. But like everything comes to an end, we got a few refusals, but still managed to make it to Pink Rocks and meet up with the newbie gang within a few minutes of them reaching.

After saying goodbye to @yogic72 we combined the group to cross Pink Rocks to find a point to settle the crowd for a BBQ. Thanks to @Sharme, 3 of us @Maxiben, @razeen hasan and I were able to witness the flying capabilities of the Wrangler. This came with a sigh of relief from @razeen hasan who had just taken his vehicle of the track to the side. Thank goodness for our brief where we emphasize how important it is to wait in a safe place away from the track, and putting it into good practice. With some heating issues with the Wrangler @Gaurav bhai had to drop @Sharme to the road side.

We later continued our quest and came across a nice spot to settle down. With a couple of BBQs going on and stories and jokes flying while some of us had to leave early. The night finally came to an end, thanks to @Emmanuel for guiding us out. After inflation and some warm hugs goodnight we all headed back home with some wide smiles all around.

For more action stay tuned as the next fun adventure starts this coming weekend, till than I bid you all farewell.

• Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

We had 2 weeks of starting the drive with rain in the air. Last week was starting the drive in thick fog. This week was different, cloudy but hot. Thank goodness for @shadow79 nice work with the AC kept me cool. I found Friday prayers in the new mosque near Al Awir and headed to the meeting point. As there were no absolute newbies we had a quick brief from @Gaurav bhai and we were off to the deflation point.

After deflation we were divided into 2 groups, newbie and Fewbie level. @Gaurav bhai headed the newbie group with @Srikumar in the sweep, I headed the Fewbie group with @Emmanuel in the sweep. The newbie group also had @Maxiben, @razeen hasan, @AKR, @Sharme and @Chirag S., my group had @Brette, @yogic72 and @Fuad.

As decided 10 minutes after the newbie convoy starting we took off on the right side through some technical dunes with some really soft patches. After having 3 difficult stucks taking over an hour to clear we found an amazing stretch which got us close to the newbie convoy in about 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes were the best 20 minutes I had in a long time. Fast paced and zero stucks in those 20 minutes. But like everything comes to an end, we got a few refusals, but still managed to make it to Pink Rocks and meet up with the newbie gang within a few minutes of them reaching.

After saying goodbye to @yogic72 we combined the group to cross Pink Rocks to find a point to settle the crowd for a BBQ. Thanks to @Sharme, 3 of us @Maxiben, @razeen hasan and I were able to witness the flying capabilities of the Wrangler. This came with a sigh of relief from @razeen hasan who had just taken his vehicle of the track to the side. Thank goodness for our brief where we emphasize how important it is to wait in a safe place away from the track, and putting it into good practice. With some heating issues with the Wrangler @Gaurav bhai had to drop @Sharme to the road side.

We later continued our quest and came across a nice spot to settle down. With a couple of BBQs going on and stories and jokes flying while some of us had to leave early. The night finally came to an end, thanks to @Emmanuel for guiding us out. After inflation and some warm hugs goodnight we all headed back home with some wide smiles all around.

For more action stay tuned as the next fun adventure starts this coming weekend, till than I bid you all farewell.

7 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

what a day!!!. very positive. for me it really proved how important it is to listen to the briefings before the stay of every adventure. thanks to the briefing by @Gaurav @Rahimdad else i would have had a real serious mishap. as usual. 

the day started with a drive from home. this time i think its the enthusiasm that helped me arrive much earlier. started the day with a lot of smiles and great hugs. hatsoff to @Gaurav parents. they were i presume  the senior most and the most adventurous couple we had. may god bless then with a very long and healthy  life.  

thanks to @Rahimdad @Gaurav @Srikumar for all the efforts. thanks for the recovery when my grand lady sank. it was very caring of the trio and their efforts were amazing like always. thanks to @Chirag S. and @Fuad for waiting up until i inflated my tires. didnt even get to say a proper good bye, but see you guys the next time.

every week we learn a lot of experience and paitence. the fear factor reduced a little more as the confidence factor had started to build along. it was a fun day and managed to learn the art of steering the steering. small slides n drifts happened. rollophobia and toppleophobia was there at times. 2 refusals and 1 sand bog. what more can you ask for when you had wonderful group leaders and a very cooperative co offroaders. God bless you Allah, incase i have forgotten to mention some one!!!, just remember that you are in my hearts and i am keeping you all there for now.

thanks for the lovely day

• Like (+1) 5

@razeen hasan bhai. you are always welcome!! 

16 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

It was funtastic day with the great company

• Like (+1) 1

Missed it badly. Had to travel to Abudhabi on Friday early morning(rather super early) at 12:30 AM. was waiting and following up for updates like a student waiting for their competitive exam results(not joking). Do let me know if we have anything lined up for super absolute freshly baked newbie for coming weekend? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rahimdad said:

@syedyaseer drive already posted for coming Friday and all levels are most welcome. Absolute Newbies will be briefed and helping hands all around.

@Rahimdad Sir Im innnnnnnnn for the drive Insha Allah. Until something turns out against my way (God Forbids) As i mentioned earlier too i will come with bare stock vehicle as i have no accessories required for the drive. please accommodate and guide accordingly.   

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks to  @Srikumar and  @Gaurav  for having great patience level. This time i stuck many times and @Srikumar helped every time with cool nature . I learn alot in this drive will rectify the mistake in next offroad drive. @Rahimdad and @Srikumar now before coming next week drive what all are the technical things i should  rectify for this hot oil error which came. After that i didn't got the error. P0430 is the sensor which does work on my vehicle.  

• Like (+1) 1

@Sharme you can post your question on a new thread in the Jeep Wrangler section and technical gurus can help you out. As per my limited knowledge the temp gauge did not go up, which means your engine is not heating. Hot oil light if I'm not mistaken is for the gear oil. Since the weather is getting hotter I would recommend to put in a transmission oil cooler which is an extra fan to keep the gear oil cool. But learned technicians can help better if you share your problem in the correct section.

https://carnity.com/forums/forum/221-jeep-wrangler-forum-in-uae

• Like (+1) 2

Experts. Any other place we can get the flag including pole at least. Somewhere in the forum i found that at dragon mart also it was not available. Also let me know the cost of the same. My preference will be pole with suction cup option.

Important Information

Terms of use