Jump to content

Toyota General Discussion Forum | Toyota 86 Forum | Toyota Aurion Forum | Toyota Avalon Forum | Toyota Avanza Forum | Toyota Camry Forum | Toyota Corolla Forum | Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum | Toyota Fortuner Forum | Toyota Innova Forum | Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Forum | Toyota Land Cruiser Forum | Toyota Previa Forum | Toyota Rav4 Forum | Toyota Sequoia Forum | Toyota Tundra Forum | Toyota Yaris Forum | Toyota Zelas Forum

Recommended Posts

Prado Owners. I have couple of questions in regards to 2016 Prado. Mine is GXR version which has navigation option. Any prado owners have updated their navigation? If yes, kindly let me know the process/procedure. Also let me know right tire pressure for prado for daily drives. it is mentioned as 29 PSI. shall i stick to it or any country specific TP i need to follow. Also im looking for a right place to buy some basic accessories like prado door sil, remote key cover etc (Attached pics) and other basic accessories.  

Prado Acc.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your new ride, you made a good choice over a Pajero (from another topic) from comfort, luxury, power, and resale aspect by spending extra cash.

Tire pressure generally should be between 30-35 PSI, 2-3 PSI more than the door sill is acceptable, as far you keep all 4 tires on the same pressure. I inflate all my cars at 35 PSI and check once a month, that gives the room to drop them to 30 PSI in a month's time.

For accessories, you can find plenty in naif or in Sharjah tire market next to Sahara center, before the BMW road.

 

 

  • Like 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experts! 

Need information to update self. I did a full tank in my prado. Range after full tank as per information cluster is 871 kms (Note - It was still holding 70%-75% of the fuel when i refueled to full tank). Does it means this is the maximum i can get after a full tank. I read somewhere prado has a range of 1100 kms on full tank. Im confused now. How to check fuel tank capacity whether it is 87 Liters of single tank or 150 liters of double tank version.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your spare Tyre is located below the vehicle it's a single tank. If it's on the rear door it's a double tank

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

If your spare Tyre is located below the vehicle it's a single tank. If it's on the rear door it's a double tank

Spare tire is on rear door. Meaning it has a double tank? Now im confused about the distance to empty reading now. Why is it showing around 870 kms range?

 

Edited by syedyaseer
pic deleted
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-verified the range of 1100 kms in full tank. It is meant for diesel prado which consume around 9 L for every 100 kms. The range which i mentioned of around 870 kms is in line with petrol version prado which drinks around 13 L for every 100 kms 🤨

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, syedyaseer said:

Re-verified the range of 1100 kms in full tank. It is meant for diesel prado which consume around 9 L for every 100 kms. The range which i mentioned of around 870 kms is in line with petrol version prado which drinks around 13 L for every 100 kms 🤨

13l is quite normal for a 4.0 V6. My 3.8 Pajero is guzzling around 14l per 100 km. To save a bit on fuel you can:

1) Drive smart: By "reading" the traffic properly you can anticipate and react smoothly. I see so many people revving up like crazy, and then breaking again 100 meters further on the speed bump.

2) Use Cruise Control whenever possible.

3) Keep your tyres properly inflated. 35psi and have a weekly check at the petrol pump or with your gauge if you have one.

4) Do not skip on proper maintenance. Get injectors cleaned and/or replaced whenever advised by your workshop.

  • Like 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you have the patience drive at 90-100 km per hour. You will get really good mileage. On my Pajero 3.8 LWB, I get a mileage of 10.5 - 11 litre per 100 km when I drive in a relaxed manner

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

13l is quite normal for a 4.0 V6. My 3.8 Pajero is guzzling around 14l per 100 km. To save a bit on fuel you can:

1) Drive smart: By "reading" the traffic properly you can anticipate and react smoothly. I see so many people revving up like crazy, and then breaking again 100 meters further on the speed bump.

2) Use Cruise Control whenever possible.

3) Keep your tyres properly inflated. 35psi and have a weekly check at the petrol pump or with your gauge if you have one.

4) Do not skip on proper maintenance. Get injectors cleaned and/or replaced whenever advised by your workshop.

Thanks @Frederic Drive wise. Im a safe driver, maintenance, i follow schedule as recommended. Tire Pressure as my prado manual it is 29 PSI front and 32 PSI rear. But i have increased to 32 PSI on all 5 (Including spare tire). Shall i increase it to 35 PSI? will it be safe? to increase from the recommended level? Also my spare tire is the one came with new car. it is 2015 manufactured unused/not even cover was removed. Is it safe to keep it as spare tire or better to change?

Just now, Srikumar said:

And if you have the patience drive at 90-100 km per hour. You will get really good mileage. On my Pajero 3.8 LWB, I get a mileage of 10.5 - 11 litre per 100 km when I drive in a relaxed manner

My driving pattern is quite safe(I may call it over relaxed 😂 ). If speed is 80 kmph my cruising speed will be around 75 kmph. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Thanks @Frederic Drive wise. Im a safe driver, maintenance, i follow schedule as recommended. Tire Pressure as my prado manual it is 29 PSI front and 32 PSI rear. But i have increased to 32 PSI on all 5 (Including spare tire). Shall i increase it to 35 PSI? will it be safe? to increase from the recommended level? Also my spare tire is the one came with new car. it is 2015 manufactured unused/not even cover was removed. Is it safe to keep it as spare tire or better to change?

My driving pattern is quite safe(I may call it over relaxed 😂 ). If speed is 80 kmph my cruising speed will be around 75 kmph. 

32psi should be fine. Don’t worry about your spare tyre. The rubber might degrade a bit over time but if covered properly it will last longer. 

  • Like 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use