•  
Advertise here

Jerk sound/Noise from rear differential-Kind of Back lash sound every time I accelerate

Hello Guys,

I am joined carnity today.

I have 2013 , 3.8 Pajero. Every time I accelerate my car there is sound from rear end like jerk or back lash sound, specially in traffic where we need to accelerate the car more often. I checked with 2 garages. They said this is common 4X4 cars specially pajero's. They are not able to give what exactly this sound and how to rectify this.

Is this noise common in all pajero's.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Rohan

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @RohanH. Yes this is one of the many common issues with the modern Pajeros. You either need to accelerate gently and than push the gas pedal in, or like I read recently on Carnity, drive in 4 H all the time. In 2 WD this problem does exist.

21 hours ago, RohanH said:

Hello Guys,

I am joined carnity today.

I have 2013 , 3.8 Pajero. Every time I accelerate my car there is sound from rear end like jerk or back lash sound, specially in traffic where we need to accelerate the car more often. I checked with 2 garages. They said this is common 4X4 cars specially pajero's. They are not able to give what exactly this sound and how to rectify this.

Is this noise common in all pajero's.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Rohan

Hi @rohan I have 2009 pajero and exactly as u said I have same issue and as mentioned by @Srikumarits purely because of rear differential busses and control arm bushes worn out and it’s common for Pajero’s as I have noticed few of my friends cars and the solution is to change complete rear axle and differential bushes to have a calm an smooth ride I got quote from one of the garage for approx 2000 dhms and I dropped the plan to change 😜

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Srikumar said:

@Praveenmp if they have quoted AED 2000 that means they are replacing the entire control arm and not just the bushes. Easier fix for them at your cost.

You can replace only the bushes, but if you do, make sure you get them from a Mitsubishi dealership. It has been my experience that most aftermarket bushes wear out within a couple of months, leaving you with same problem again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Although there are no bushes available from Mitsubishi, but the is a shop is Sharjah opposite Tazweed near the signal that sells all kind of bushes of highest grade and gives guarantee that they will change the Bush if you face any problems within 6 months.