•  
Advertise here

Jerk sound/Noise from rear differential-Kind of Back lash sound every time I accelerate

Like everyone else said, it’s the rear bushings. Differentials in any car rarely give bother unless it’s totally neglected. Then you would see the oil spots on the pavement outside your house. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only the top aluminum arm is for around 1500 genuine new. try to get some good quality bush it will be cheaper and try to change your driving habit of the way you accelerate from stand still.... should last you bit longer....

• Like (+1) 2

It's the local parts market, they don't make much money on bushes so rather sell you the whole arm. When clearly if you check online you can find bushes being sold separately and its not just Mitsubishi. Many do this here and vice versa. Sometimes you'll buy parts which are supposed to be sold as a single unit but unscrupulous dealers sell them separately.

Like I remember I bought a radiator for a Land Cruiser and the packaging clearly had cut outs for a driier, clips, clamps, bolts etc etc but all were missing.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:28 PM, Barry said:

Like everyone else said, it’s the rear bushings. Differentials in any car rarely give bother unless it’s totally neglected. Then you would see the oil spots on the pavement outside your house. 

@Barry Can you please suggest the good workshop to diagnose differential noise and also to change the timing belt.

• Like (+1) 1