•  
Advertise here

Best Tyres for Pajero

2 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@syedyaseer I'm using to Kumho Solus KL21 on my Mitsubishi Pajeo. These are very quiet even after 60k kilometers and still have thread left on them for maybe another 20k kilometers. I have hardly used them off road twice for only a little bit during 2 of our new year drives so can't comment much. But they managed well without deflation even in really soft sand and I'm happy with their performance. I will be posting a user review for them shortly.

I've always been impressed by people that use different tyres for off-roading cuz i always thought this must be such a drag in terms of planning and time commitment. So have to pass on my respects 😀

• Like (+1) 1

I have been driving a Pajero 3.8 which was initially supplied with Dunlop, and then changed to Yokohma and then currently Nexen. Onroad frankly, I have not noticed much of a difference between any of them and they have all lasted till about 80K km. So I would just suggest to choose the one with the best deal.

But if you intend to do offroading with them, I would suggest you as well to look at Yokohama ATS. There might be a slight decrease in mileage compared to the HT but it will help you to reduce the tire pressure upto 10 psi while doing some serious offroading.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm not much of a desert driver as I have too much anxiety when driving on sand (car often gets stuck), but I love offroading in wadis, rock and steep uphill mountain roads.

The feedback I'm getting even on the internet seems to be that even if you are an occasional off roader (once a month/ 2 months), use ATS, and not H/T. I'm just stuck in my mind about whether I value noise reduction above better off-road support or not.   

• Like (+1) 1

One last question guys, if I'm getting a tyre free deal on 2017 tyres, is it worth going for, considering I could use them till end of 2022? Or is 2018 the maximum I should consider. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GumbyAKhan said:

I'm not much of a desert driver as I have too much anxiety when driving on sand (car often gets stuck)

Try one of the newbie drives with us and then judge yourself again. I was like this for the first 6 months and used to hate the desert due to constant stucks and pop out, slowly when I learn the basics, things become much easier and I started enjoying desert more than wadi's.

7 minutes ago, GumbyAKhan said:

One last question guys, if I'm getting a tyre free deal on 2017 tyres, is it worth going for, considering I could use them till end of 2022? Or is 2018 the maximum I should consider. 

Exactly what Sri said, I was about to say the same.

Plus RTA tire passing is not on firm 5-year span, anything above 3 years above the manufacturing date will be decided by the inspection guy based on remaining tread life, cracks, missing chunks etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav yes Inshallah will soon join you guys for an event, might be fun :)

Thanks all for your inputs. Will update my final decision once it's done in a day or two, whether Geolandar G012 A/T or Geolandar G056 H/T. Spoke to Future Tyres guy also and he's saying yes A/T is best for off-road but some customers get annoyed with the noise on it while driving on road. 

Let's see! 

• Like (+1) 1

GEOLANDAR G039 265 70 16 112 S

http://yokohama.ae/tyre-search.php?vtype=SUV/4WD

Geolandar is good in my opinion and i have recently installed a set. So far so good. However, i installed the G056 but somehow not able to find on the above website, wonder why though. 

• Like (+1) 1