•  
Advertise here

Best Tyres for Pajero

2 hours ago, GumbyAKhan said:

Could it be because the G056 is Thailand made and not Japanese? 

Yes, possible but not sure how manufacture origin affects these things? I got those for AED1400 so even if they last a couple of years, its fine. the date stamp is week 48- 2018, not that old either. 

Have you gone ahead and made the purchase? If not, check with Juma Al Majid, i think they were quoting around 1890 for G039

• Like (+1) 1

@Sunit thanks. I'm going for either G056 or G012 A/T . The guy at Future Tyres has recommended that G056 is same as G039 only different being one is Japan and one is Thailand made. However, he's saying difference in quality is minimal, and he's saying G056 is a better tyre if you want to combine on and off road driving with the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GumbyAKhan said:

@Sunit thanks. I'm going for either G056 or G012 A/T . The guy at Future Tyres has recommended that G056 is same as G039 only different being one is Japan and one is Thailand made. However, he's saying difference in quality is minimal, and he's saying G056 is a better tyre if you want to combine on and off road driving with the same. 

I highly suggest to get quotes from 2 more places, I heard Yoko is/was running a promotion for 3+1 tire, worth checking with them.

If I am in your place, I will opt for the original Japanese rubber if the price is not a barrier.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Mind finally settled on the A/T G012. Got the tyres from Future Trade !

I've got a really great price on the purchase. The shop was absolutely chaotic and only quietened down towards the end. The reason I got such a great price was due to the chaos actually where an hour into the shop after taking off my old tyres, they discovered that they dont have G012 for 2018. They offered 2019, I got annoyed, and in the ensuing confusion they agreed to offer me the 2019 tyres at same price of 2018! The small bit that I drove after installation, car feels completely new.

Just a question: Is there some loophole in this deal? I checked tyres are from 2019, though to my surprise they weren't wrapped up and were already dirty due to lying open in the godown and transferring to the main workshop etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

I also called Al Nahda as @Gaurav suggested before purchasing these and it seems their prices were higher. 

Also, the 3+1 Yokohama deal was on Pitstop Arabia if I'm not wrong and it was only for 2017 tyres. Maybe i missed the 2018 deal? 

Anyway, thanks to all for their really valuable feedback I've learned so much in this purchase really. I hope A/T G012 turns out to be good choice for me as I am not a heavy off roader but got really tempted by all the test videos I checked on Youtube for this tyre 😁 and i just want something like that whenever i go off roading.

I will also be buying Hankook Ventus Prime tires for a Hyundai Veloster 215/40/R18, which apparently also are OEM for Velosters. There's not much of a price difference on Pitstop Arabia and Future Tires themselves, so thinking of just ordering them online from their to the nearest available workshop near my place (Stop & Go in Motor City). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You will love Geolander  A LOT as I'm using them for 6 years for off-roading and they never failed to impress.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.