•  

All level drive Maliha - 12 Apr 2019

Rahimdad

@Magellan welcome to the club. The drive will be around the Fossil Rock area for the newbies, big red is far off for newbies to manage from this area.

@Javier M depending on the convoy size this drive will be split between newbie and Fewbie. 2 convoys. You will have the choice to join either one.

• Like (+1) 3

So, i have decided to come on friday, a friend will be joining me as a passenger.

This will be my first chance at 4x4 in UAE so i will have lots to learn! I need to start with the very basics with tire deflating methods and how to stay in control off the road.

See you! 

• Like (+1) 3

As i need to bring my parents and son to the airport in the morning, i won't make it in time unfortunately. I there is an afternoon drive however i might be able to join in on that one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 hours ago, Frederic said:

As i need to bring my parents and son to the airport in the morning, i won't make it in time unfortunately. I there is an afternoon drive however i might be able to join in on that one.

Only for you Fred (If this gets me more Belgian Choc)

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

18 minutes ago, Magellan said:

Another newbie question... do we need flags on the cars? When are these used? Many thanks.

Yes, you need to use the flag on the car, while offroading for safety reason all the time.

10 minutes ago, LewisCocks90 said:

So the morning drive is not happening anymore?

Morning and Afternoon are both independent drives and both are ON.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@syedyaseer looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Please make sure your front and rear tow hooks are in good shape, if you can please get a flag and glass clamp to hold it in place and if possible get a 2 way radio UHF. As for the petrol we always advise to have a full tank, but if it's showing 450 kilometres to go than you should be good for this drive.

1 minute ago, Rahimdad said:

@syedyaseer looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Please make sure your front and rear tow hooks are in good shape, if you can please get a flag and glass clamp to hold it in place and if possible get a 2 way radio UHF. As for the petrol we always advise to have a full tank, but if it's showing 450 kilometres to go than you should be good for this drive.

@Rahimdad Sir as i have mentioned earlier i have not bought anything till date to support offroading. And i doubt i will be able to buy it before the drive tomorrow due to my hectic schedule for the day. I will try my level best to meet the basic requirement as mentioned.  Tow hooks i will check and im hopeful they will be in good shape. Regarding radio & flag including clamp i really doubt i will be able to buy it 😩. But i can assure this requirement will be met before the upcoming drive in future. My office is near to union metro. if someone can recommend me any shops nearby i can give a try during my lunch hour. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use