UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Gaurav

Afternoon Intermediate Drive - Fossil Rock to Bidayer - 12 Apr 2019

With the sudden change in weather, there is a sudden change in coming Friday plan ;-)

Let's have an Intermediate level, fast pace afternoon drive with endless action, side sloping and ridge riding across the sandbox.

From Fossil Rock - Camel Rock - Al Faya - Pink Rock - Big Red - Bidayer

31 Kms of pure fun in 4-5 hours

image.png

When: 12 April 2019

Meeting time: 1:00 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 1:15 PM

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/5eEfjiUgu8p

Level:  Strictly intermediate and above

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive and enjoy till about 7:00 PM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8:00 PM

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely brilliant. I saw some people on the edge for an intermediate level afternoon drive. Great initiative.

• Like 3

Fantastic area with lot of nice rolling dunes. Expect a fast paced drive.

• Like 3

I almost did not make it to this due to the short notice as I had already some commitments for the afternoon.

Luckily I was able to move them for the morning before the afternoon drive. Unfortunately I won't be able to join the morning drive, sorry @Rahimdad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pffff... I’ve been in bed all day with fever and sickness. 😖😖 not how I expected my weekend to start... 

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Pffff... I’ve been in bed all day with fever and sickness. 😖😖 not how I expected my weekend to start... 

Get well soon bud, it's in the air. Hope nothing serious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Get well soon bud, it's in the air. Hope nothing serious

It’s been lingering on for weeks. But nothing serious though. My yearly dose of ear and throat infections probably. See you guys soon back in the sandbox !

• Like 3

Sorry guys, I won't be able to join :(

• Sad 1

I need to write a report of this trip :D lol

it was a super great coincidence to see you guys there, I recognized you from far when I say @Javier M flag, and then saw @Emmanuel leading and @Gaurav sweeping.

we should've taken pictures :D

Weather was super awesome 👌

• Like 3

For replying to this topic, please

• Similar Content

• By Srikumar
      With the weather getting better with each upcoming week, the mood is set for an Absolute Newbie Drive. However if no absolute newbies sign up we might up the level depending on the convoy signed up. This time we will drive in Pink Rock area that offers perfect opportunity to learn in very safe and easy tracks to medium rolling dunes. Looking for an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have a great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.
      Since timing will be crucial I request everyone to be on time.
      When: 20 September 2019
      Meeting time: 5:00 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 5:15 AM
      Where: Tawi Nazwa Shops
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/4U9z5Q9HdesX3UU59
      Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, and Fewbie
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 9:30 AM
      What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• By Gaurav
      When: 20 June 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE.)
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks
    • By Gaurav
      As the summer heat is in full form, our night drive is the only escape to enjoy the good breeze and pleasant weather in the desert (fingers crossed). This time we are heading to our much-loved sandbox of Pink Rock in Tawi Nazwa area. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might continue to Bidayer, if not then we will end at 2nd Dec cafeteria for easy exit.
      This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste.
      Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.
      When: 20 June 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE.)
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks
      What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 4:00 AM
      Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• By Srikumar
      Big Red area have some nice medium and big size dunes that provide plenty of opportunity for the Intermediate level drivers for a fast paced dune bashing session. We shall start at Big red and shall trace our path along some nice rolling dunes all the way to Pink Rock. There would be a lot of side slopping, ridge riding and ridge cutting involved. This drive would proceed upon minimum 4 cars registering for the drive by Thursday (April 25, 2019) morning.  
      When: 26 April 2019
      Meeting time: 6:30 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 6:45 AM
      Where: Big Red
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/YQMmsGjDKwEkcZeU6
      Level: Intermediate and above (Min 4 cars need to be registered by Thursday, 25 April 2019, morning)
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:00 AM
      What to bring along: Snacks, Breakfast - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM
      Please RSVP the below calendar event

• By Srikumar
      Big Red area have some nice medium and big size dunes that provide plenty of opportunity for the Intermediate level drivers for a fast paced dune bashing session. We shall start at Big red and shall trace our path along some nice rolling dunes all the way to Pink Rock. There would be a lot of side slopping, ridge riding and ridge cutting involved. This drive would proceed upon minimum 4 cars registering for the drive upon  by Thursday (April 25, 2019) morning.  
      When: 26 April 2019
      Meeting time: 6:30 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 6:45 AM
      Where: Big Red
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/YQMmsGjDKwEkcZeU6
      Level: Intermediate and above (Min 4 cars need to be registered by Thursday, 25 April 2019, morning)
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:00 AM
      What to bring along: Snacks, Breakfast - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Important Information

Terms of use