•  
Advertise here

Finding a good lightbar

luwaimn

• 2 months later...

I would not buy only based on the type of LED.

A 5D would not necessarily be better than a 3D. You need to look into the Lumens delivered per watt used and the color temperature, I would get something with a color temperature between 5000K to 6500K. 

• Less than 2000K: gives off a dim glow of light, similar to what you might find from candlelight; best for low-light areas where ambient illumination is welcomed
  • 2000K-3000K: gives off a soft white glow, often yellow in appearance; best for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms and outdoor spaces
  • 3100K-4500K: gives off a bright amount of white light; best for kitchens, offices, work spaces and vanities where task lighting is needed
  • 4600K-6500K: gives off a bright amount of blue-white light, similar to that of daylight; best for display areas and work environments where very bright illumination is needed
  • 6500K and up: gives off a bright bluish hue of light, often found in commercial locations; best for bright task lighting

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

35 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I would not buy only based on the type of LED.

A 5D would not necessarily be better than a 3D. You need to look into the Lumens delivered per watt used and the color temperature, I would get something with a color temperature between 5000K to 6500K. 

• Less than 2000K: gives off a dim glow of light, similar to what you might find from candlelight; best for low-light areas where ambient illumination is welcomed
  • 2000K-3000K: gives off a soft white glow, often yellow in appearance; best for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms and outdoor spaces
  • 3100K-4500K: gives off a bright amount of white light; best for kitchens, offices, work spaces and vanities where task lighting is needed
  • 4600K-6500K: gives off a bright amount of blue-white light, similar to that of daylight; best for display areas and work environments where very bright illumination is needed
  • 6500K and up: gives off a bright bluish hue of light, often found in commercial locations; best for bright task lighting

Correct, but all off-road LED lights will be in the 6000K range probably. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

17 hours ago, Frederic said:

Correct, but all off-road LED lights will be in the 6000K range probably. 

I don't think so, specially dragon mart bargains. 

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I don't think so, specially dragon mart bargains. 

All these marketing jargon and tech spec aside which maybe hard for layman to test/verify, after my first bad experience I went with the self testing technique.

I tested 10 different lights in various brand shops, that they were happy to hook up on small car battery and give me a demo.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Frederic that's a good idea with magnetic pads, exactly what I'm looking for!

How do you fix your wires going from the light bar to the engine bay? Any hints there?

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

@Frederic that's a good idea with magnetic pads, exactly what I'm looking for!

How do you fix your wires going from the light bar to the engine bay? Any hints there?

Thanks!

https://www.desertcart.ae/products/47075192

these are the magnetic pads I bought. 

I only have one thick black cable running along the side of the windshield that goes to the engine bay. Doesn’t bother me during the drive.  I hook up the lights by using a regular three pin household power plug. 

89E1582F-9314-45D9-843B-43F595C3A8A7.jpeg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 hours ago, Frederic said:

https://www.desertcart.ae/products/47075192

these are the magnetic pads I bought. 

I only have one thick black cable running along the side of the windshield that goes to the engine bay. Doesn’t bother me during the drive.  I hook up the lights by using a regular three pin household power plug. 

89E1582F-9314-45D9-843B-43F595C3A8A7.jpeg

Excellent! Thanks a lot! I need to do something similar =)

• Like (+1) 3

• 10 months later...

Bumping up an old post.

Just wanted to know some good LED Light bars that are available in the market at a reasonable price. I am in the look out for a 24 inch LED light bar, so some suggestions and recommendations are much appreciated.

• Like (+1) 4