•  
Advertise here

Distracting Pop ups

Jocreative

These popups and page refreshes are quite distracting. I was trying to view a page about the weekend drives (from the link on WhatsApp group) but the page keeps auto refreshing and loads pop ups indicating I have to check out other posts? 

I agree you want to engage viewers to more content, but with these pop ups you are going to increase the bounce rate of the page than the strength by keeping them longer on the page. 

My 2 cents. 

214BB43B-0494-47D3-B3A2-B94398C10046.png

26CBC9E6-FEEB-43A0-ADE2-C9363F2B912B.png

CF47EAC6-5AFF-49E3-90DD-D7C4A754786C.png

• Like (+1) 1

@JocreativeI believe these pop-ups disappear once you sign in. Were you signed in your account whilst browsing? 

It's a good thing at least on this site there are pop-ups which you can close. Some websites don't show the close window icon and want you to guess where it can be located on a screen. And some even don't let you browse if you have a pop-up blocker installed! 

• Like (+1) 2

And once guest signs up all popup stops!

As per new Carnity Point System, it is clear that Carnity prefer 1 active member over thousands of inactive members.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, sertac said:

Not only these. Carnity also pushed me to be a Active Member. Until i sign for that in every single page i open there was a pop up. It is extremely annoying. 

Yes because simply being a member and not participating is as good as a guest account.

Congratulations on becoming an active member again :-) 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Yes because simply being a member and not participating is as good as a guest account.

Congratulations on becoming an active member again :-) 

I am not sure if i explained myself correctly. I was using the forum normally as usual. But forum pushed me to get this active member logo under my avatar. Until i click and get it pop ups never stopped. I guess next month also it is going to push me to get it. If it is mandatory to get this logo, it can be done automatically. If it is not mandatory it shouldnt pop out every time i open any page. It is making the forum impossible to use specially if you are accessing trough phone.

• Haha (+1) 2

OK let me break it down slowly:

• Guest can browse, but with the popups.
  • All members have to upgrade themselves to Active Membership by spending 100 points, Expert for 500 points and Legend for 1000 points.
  • This upgrade is mandatory now and that's why pop-ups were forcing you. Once you upgrade to active membership no pop-ups will be shown.
  • All members have been credited 100 points in their account and whenever next they log in, they have to upgrade to Active member to participate in the forum for asking a question, joining offroad drive, posting images, sharing experiences etc.
  • So for using Carnity, everyone has to participate and contribute in some or the way to earn points to renew their membership.
  • All upgrades are for 1 full month, means if you have upgraded today (11 Apr 2019) then your active membership will expire on 10 May 2019.
  • This membership upgrade cannot be renewed automatically because:
    • You might take holidays and use your points to upgrade when you are available in the country.
    • You might save your points for future for discussing serious car issues or upgrades.
    • You might upgrade to another level, based on different benefits offered.
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm not sure, but I think Glanz is the fastest points earner to gain 98 points in 16 hours with just 1 topic.

Of course, he picked the most debatable topic, lololololol

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-08 at 4.14.43 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I'm not sure, but I think Glanz is the fastest points earner to gain 98 points in 16 hours with just 1 topic.

Of course, he picked the most debatable topic, lololololol

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-08 at 4.14.43 PM.jpeg

Hi 

I could have earned more but there is limitation of posting only 10 posts per day. Otherwise i was thinking to make double century :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic