•  
Advertise here

Recommendations for caliper painting

Hi guys,

New to the forum (and Dubai having come from Ireland). I picked up an E60 M5 a few weeks ago and I'd like to have the calipers painted (M-Sport Blue). Can anyone recommend a place that's good for this? Id love to do it myself by the sand/dust levels in the underground at the apartment are horrendous.

Thansk so much

Gordon

IMG_2344 (1).jpg

Edited by Gordon
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi Gordon, we have another senior techy from Ireland @Barry you are not alone now, lolol

For calliper painting, if I may suggest opting for powder coating instead will last very long and also looks nicer than the paint.

My friend has used http://rainbowpowdercoatings.com/ for his wheels and he was pretty happy with the pricing and quality offered

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi Gaurav - thanks so much for getting back to me so quick. I actually saw Barry's flag and was delighted to see another Irishman. 

I'll give Rainbow a shout on this - thank you!

Edited by Gordon
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Gordon said:

Ta me go maith Barry, go raibh maith agat. Agus tusa? Ca bhfuil to i do chonai? Taim in mo chonai i JBR. Tra agus mo BMW!

Ta me go maith mo chara. Ta me i mo chonai i sports city. Cad as tu? Im on gcontae doire. Ta bron orm go bhfuil mo chuid gaelige dona anois. I dont liom e a usaid. 

@desertdude no, not Klingon. The language of saints and scholars. Slainte!

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Ta me go maith mo chara. Ta me i mo chonai i sports city. Cad as tu? Im on gcontae doire. Ta bron orm go bhfuil mo chuid gaelige dona anois. I dont liom e a usaid. 

@desertdude no, not Klingon. The language of saints and scholars. Slainte!

You learn something new everyday. I thought you folk only spoke Gaelic.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, desertdude said:

You learn something new everyday. I thought you folk only spoke Gaelic.

It’s a bastardised form of Gaelic. No fadas, a few English words here and there. My first language was speaking bullshit so I find it hard to communicate with people sometimes 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Barry - we won't mention the fail (Gaelic v Gaelige v Irish .....)

Is as baile atha cliath me! Sea sea, ta bron orm! Jackin! Thanks for the welcome mate. 

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

Klingon?

P.S : Hope you were aware of all the issues with the E60 before you bought yours

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bCp_4uVtT-Y

Thankfully she has been issue free so far but I did my research! Low mileage (120k km) and bought from a BMW salesman ;-) I dont put much mileage on it. 

• Like (+1) 1