•  
Advertise here

Cherokee bash plate

AKR

I recently signed up for a newbie drive with carnity and throughly loved it had a blast. Later decided to do it often hence required to make a few changes to my cherokee kk as the front bumper is extremely low. Got feedback from the seasoned carnity offroaders and decided to not get lifts as this affects the overall ride quality.

The next option was to get the extra  plastics cutoff and get a bash plate installed.

I din want to go for a high end job but a basic one to protect the raidator. A budget of 500 was set for the job

Found a fabricator in sharjah got a 4mm plate installed with fitting by welding in 300 aed . This included cutting the bumper, installing the plate and painting it.

Jazeerat Delma turning shop sharjah

Will be  putting it through a test soon...will keep u guys updated

_20190415_152822.JPG

_20190415_152744.JPG

Edited by AKR
  • Like (+1) 2

@AKR nice job. If you have a hanging radiator give some extra stifners to your fabricated 4mm thick bash plate to make it more rigid, beacuse the thickness of the plate is very less and one hard hit will bend the plate and there is a chance of plate to hit and damage your radiator. If your radiator is inside frame or protected then not an issue.

2inch spacer lift to your stock suspension will not affect your ride quality and this small lift will make lot of difference to your approach and depart angle. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fitting by welding. Meaning its welded in place? That doesn't sound good. What if you need to remove it to access say a lower hose pipe or when replacing a radiator etc etc. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Asif Hussain the low hanging radiator is inside a frame attached to the chasis. I have got 2 brackets installed to give extra rigidity in case of a hard impact.. But i think ur right will get a couple more to be 100% sure.

@desertdude the front grill in Cherokee is fairly easy to remove and have left some gap between the plate and raditor to service it.. With this the acess to radiator is from front and top..

Guys I am sharing a pic of radiator without plate. Pls advise if it i hv taken a correct descision . Your advise is valuable

_20190415_202718.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, AKR said:

@Asif Hussain the low hanging radiator is inside a frame attached to the chasis. I have got 2 brackets installed to give extra rigidity in case of a hard impact.. But i think ur right will get a couple more to be 100% sure.

@desertdude the front grill in Cherokee is fairly easy to remove and have left some gap between the plate and raditor to service it.. With this the acess to radiator is from front and top..

Guys I am sharing a pic of radiator without plate. Pls advise if it i hv taken a correct descision . Your advise is valuable

_20190415_202718.JPG

It's low hanging fruit so to put a bashplate was a good idea. But welding it in place, not so much.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Barry said:

Here’s how we solved the problem 

You mean with 500K and not 500 Dhs. lololol.

@AKR bash plate was a must in your case and good you sorted it out. You should have discussed the thickness here before getting it done as 4MM is borderline OK and might bend with a hard impact. Ideal bash plate thickness should be 6-8MM at least.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 hours ago, Barry said:

Here’s how we solved the problem 

B878FA26-A77A-4D76-979A-0DA7E582DB06.jpeg

Seems like a waste to spend so much money on a Jeep. 

BTW- what is the top speed one could reasonably expect to achieve with this monstrosity? I realize that this thing was most likely built for rock crawling and not for speed despite the two turbos, but I would be surprised if it were possible to exceed about 30 km/h with this thing without precipitating a fatal death wobble. 

Edited by treks
  • Haha (+1) 2