•  
Advertise here

Nissan Pathfinder 01-05 Manual or Automatic(Strictly for Off-roading)

syedyaseer

1 hour ago, syedyaseer said:

@Rahimdad My first drive with you all was really awesome. i felt a bug called offroad has stung me. Only issue during the drive because of which i was not able to enjoy to the fullest was getting under body hit because of unexpected jump or similar. After every steep dune(for me every dune was a challenge) i was looking on to my bumpers just to ensure it is not scratched . Also i remember someone saying during the drive. You should never take your 1 lac or above car to the desert 😁 

@syedyaseer worried and watchful of the Front bumper and also of the flying wrangler at the rear.... 😉 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, AKR said:

@syedyaseer worried and watchful of the Front bumper and also of the flying wrangler at the rear.... 😉 

Flying wrangler and Flying FJs and Pajero too😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

After buying 10k ride and spending 5 -7 k for mods and overhauling, better to buy 20k Xterra, in stock condition it can outperform most of the capable 4x4.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Different horses for different courses. Personally, I swear by manual transmission. I have many friends on here who swear by automatic transmission. You just need to try both and see what suits you. 

• Like (+1) 3

@syedyaseer there 's Pajero 3.0 SWB 2000 for sale here on Carnity:

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

@Frederic Saw the same ad on other platform too. It is 3.0 and not 3.5. at present my mind is inclining towards pathfinder. Lets see. I look for something end of buying something. Did same during my hunt for 4x4. Was looking for Pajero. Shortlisted Prado EXR, ended up buying Prado GXR 🤞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Frederic said:

What will be the right price for this vehicle if in case all is well and odo is not tampered with. Also let me know if their is anything specific i need to check to ensure its worth trying. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

What will be the right price for this vehicle if in case all is well and odo is not tampered with. Also let me know if their is anything specific i need to check to ensure its worth trying. 

Personally i would not go above 8000 for a good looking Gen2 Pajero. This car has indeed low mileage and might seen little desert which is a good thing. On the other hand, once you start pushing them a bit you'll quickly come to see the flaws or defects. On the Gen2, verify if the 4x4 works properly by testing all modes (4H, 4HLc, 4LO, RD/Lock) in the sand. R/D lock can be tested by jacking up the rear wheels. If disengaged, turn one wheel, and the other wheel should rotate in the other direction. Once engaged both wheel will be mechanically locked together so they will both turn the same direction.

If the 4x4 lights on the dashboard flicker it does not necessarily mean your 4x4 does not work properly. It could be just one of those stupid little sensors or solenoids and the Pajeros are a bit known for that. Most of these things are easy fixes.

The 6G72 engines are simple, but i was unlucky when i bought mine. The engine misfired because one cylinder did not have compression. Engine was replace by a scrapyard one which lasted one year and then the head gasket gave up the ghost. After failing to find another decent engine we decided to overhaul the existing one. Now it runs great (touch wood).

I agree with @Gaurav if you want a trouble-free 4x4 and don't want to spend to much extra money, go for the Xterra. I followed my heart and that emptied my wallet a bit more, but love the little bugger and would not sell it easily.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

but i was unlucky when i bought mine. The engine misfired because one cylinder did not have compression. Engine was replace by a scrapyard one which lasted one year and then the head gasket gave up the ghost. After failing to find another decent engine we decided to overhaul the existing one.

Scary!! 

• Like (+1) 1

See if you love this Gen2 Pajero for any reason, old memory, old love, some soft corner then go ahead and buy and live with it and you will enjoy it.

If Gen2 Pajero is just another beater 4x4 then stay away from this, as they get pricey very quickly due to Mitsubishi expensive spare parts, long wait for some special spare parts due to unavailability. 

Buying a 10 years old Xterra is better than 20 years old Pajero (older engineering), that require a lot of money to bring it back to the suitable state for weekend warrior - suspension, steering, engine, AC, engine cooling, transmission. I remember spending tons on engine cooling when I first bought it. On road - no heating, engage 4x4 and within 5 mins it starts heating up.

You just can't buy this 20-year-old Pajero for 8-10K and straight into the desert for the next 1 year. You might have to spend 5-10k more to bring it to 100% usable strength for offroad so it can take a weekend bashing.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.