•  
Advertise here

No more private messages?

treks

I must admit that I was too lazy to go through the privileges of each new Carnity rank, but I just noticed that I can no longer

send a private message to @Barry anymore. Do I have to have Legendary status to send private messages now?  

Edited by treks
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yes you need to be a legend to approach another legend 😂

Just kidding, you need to be Expert member and above to unlock PM from what i've seen. 

Edited by Frederic
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Honestly, I don't see the purpose of a PM in a public forum, as I can personally state that I have been receiving plenty of queries on the PM which should have originally been on the forum. By discussing on the forum you get multiple views plus the information is useful for someone in the future. 

I don't have PM access either, and I am kinda glad I don't.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Honestly, I don't see the purpose of a PM in a public forum, as I can personally state that I have been receiving plenty of queries on the PM which should have originally been on the forum. By discussing on the forum you get multiple views plus the information is useful for someone in the future. 

I don't have PM access either, and I am kinda glad I don't.

I hear you. I agree that PM's can be pain in the behind at times, but sometimes the purpose of a private message is more important than getting views or likes or whatever. 

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

@treks I have some legendary memberships in the bank, just sent you one ✌️ 

I’m just using basic membership. Got sick of random people asking me questions about cars that could be asked on the forum so no more PMs for me. My number is freely available and I’m on WhatsApp if anyone needs me. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

16 hours ago, Barry said:

@treks I have some legendary memberships in the bank, just sent you one ✌️ 

I’m just using basic membership. Got sick of random people asking me questions about cars that could be asked on the forum so no more PMs for me. My number is freely available and I’m on WhatsApp if anyone needs me. 

Thanks, @Barry, I was wondering about the type of gift you sent me, hence my need to contact you privately. However, I have not experienced a flood of PM's, so I will redeem the points  but when I do start to get PM's,for stuff that should properly be in the forums, I will donate the points to @desertdude.:twisted:

Edited by treks
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, treks said:

Thanks, @Barry, I was wondering about the type of gift you sent me, hence my need to contact you privately. However, I have not experienced a flood of PM's, so I will redeem the points  but when I do start to get PM's,for stuff that should properly be in the forums, I will donate the points to @desertdude.:twisted:

Old man I still won't reply to your PMs! 

• Haha (+1) 2