•  
Advertise here

2017 vs 1992

Jeh

Makes me cringe as I’m driving a 20y old car as a daily driver 😶

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Out of all the cars I’ve owned, I think I’ve only owned one that was built in the century and I still haven’t died in a fiery ball of flames. I think the lesson to take away here is don’t crash. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was in a massive crash between a Citroen AX and a Audi A6 Avant. I was the unlucky one sitting in the back of the Citroen AX. Came out with only few bruises while the car was completely wrecked.

i guess sometimes you just need that guardian angel..

• WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

I was in a massive crash between a Citroen AX and a Audi A6 Avant. I was the unlucky one sitting in the back of the Citroen AX. Came out with only few bruises while the car was completely wrecked.

i guess sometimes you just need that guardian angel..

I borrowed an AX from a friend once. Went round a corner too fast and rolled it onto its side. No real damage done, just broke a wing mirror. Pushed it onto its wheels and drove home. Bought the guy a new wing mirror. Until this day he still hasn’t spoken to me. Says I wrecked his car. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Incidentally I was just thinking about this. There is a small YouTube channel called auto auction rebuilds and he routinely does videos of crashed cars in auction yards. And even after some decent crashes I notice the how much less damage the passenger compartment takes. 

Great strides have been made in automotive safety in the past 20-30years. Where cars are designed with crumple zones and for the crash energy to transfer around the cabin rather than through it. Add to those the new srs seatbelts and multiple airbags. Chances today of surviving a pretty hard crash are very high compared to just few years ago.

Also for some sadistic reason I watch a lot of NCAP ans EUROCAP crash test videos too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Really glad you posted this video @Jeh. I normally used to think that older cars were more steady, heavy and we'll built but this changes my mind. I too drive an 18 year old and hope I will never face a bad crash.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, Rahimdad said:

. I normally used to think that older cars were more steady, heavy 

Well that's exactly the problem with older cars. Instead of absorbing the impact. They transfer all that energy to its occupants. 

• WOW (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Well that's exactly the problem with older cars. Instead of absorbing the impact. They transfer all that energy to its occupants. 

Especially older stuff like body on frame cars. Some of the stuff I build for clients I would never drive any further than a test drive round al quoz but hey, you pays your money you gets what you want. Fibreglass model t’s with no roll bars and stuff, not even seatbelts, super sexy, much wow, times like these “Insha’Allah” really comes into play. 

• WOW (+2) 1