•  

Newbie drive 19th april

srini62

What a great morning. The drive was super and good mix of dunes and challenges.

as gaurav mentioned in his brief before the drive- you get refusal or stuck then you learn more.

i learnt a lot!

the last bit- slide sloping was excitement and fear and barrel of adrenaline - pure fun- especially when my car was trying to get me down the quickest way and I was fighting it to stay close to the crest!!

finally- we finished off with food and drinks in a mini oasis like place- shaded and trees- great aloo paratha, pav baaji, sandwiches, drinks, sweets and more.

we finally and reluctantly moved out.

i had the final sting or excitement at the inflation point when my tyre tube stem blew out with all its metal part leaving me with a flat.

fred, Emmanuel,Eduardo,rahimbhai, gaurav Sri and others chipped in and helped out in jacking up the fjc and changing the tyre.

i think without them I probably been there till late evening trying to first get the spare wheel out as the lock key on it was stuck and I could not get the tyre off it’s frame in the back door!

it left me with a thought that despite my bad luck, I was fortunate it happened while I was stationary and not during the desert drive or on the drive back home.

i got the tyre fixed at tyres.ae in Dubai. Costed me only 50 dirhams.Quick tyres were closed.

the spare tyre rim had  a problem and I was getting god awful judder at 80 km/ hour on the drive back. Looks like there the rim is bent.The tyres.ae guys said it will cost 400 dirhams to repair it. So let’s see if they do it right.

Went to ace and got the kinetic ropes. Then to dragon mart and got the jtx jack.

so now need a plank. Was way too exhausted to do anything more.

so all in all - fantastic day.

thanks gaurav for leading a great drive and thanks to Emmanuel & Fred to working hard to help me getting out of sticky situations and pulling me out.

thanks rahimbhai for your tips and advice.

fantastic day and I am looking out for next Friday.

best wishes

srini

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, srini62 said:

What a great morning. The drive was super and good mix of dunes and challenges.

as gaurav mentioned in his brief before the drive- you get refusal or stuck then you learn more.

i learnt a lot!

the last bit- slide sloping was excitement and fear and barrel of adrenaline - pure fun- especially when my car was trying to get me down the quickest way and I was fighting it to stay close to the crest!!

finally- we finished off with food and drinks in a mini oasis like place- shaded and trees- great aloo paratha, pav baaji, sandwiches, drinks, sweets and more.

we finally and reluctantly moved out.

i had the final sting or excitement at the inflation point when my tyre tube stem blew out with all its metal part leaving me with a flat.

fred, Emmanuel,Eduardo,rahimbhai, gaurav Sri and others chipped in and helped out in jacking up the fjc and changing the tyre.

i think without them I probably been there till late evening trying to first get the spare wheel out as the lock key on it was stuck and I could not get the tyre off it’s frame in the back door!

it left me with a thought that despite my bad luck, I was fortunate it happened while I was stationary and not during the desert drive or on the drive back home.

i got the tyre fixed at tyres.ae in Dubai. Costed me only 50 dirhams.Quick tyres were closed.

the spare tyre rim had  a problem and I was getting god awful judder at 80 km/ hour on the drive back. Looks like there the rim is bent.The tyres.ae guys said it will cost 400 dirhams to repair it. So let’s see if they do it right.

Went to ace and got the kinetic ropes. Then to dragon mart and got the jtx jack.

so now need a plank. Was way too exhausted to do anything more.

so all in all - fantastic day.

thanks gaurav for leading a great drive and thanks to Emmanuel & Fred to working hard to help me getting out of sticky situations and pulling me out.

thanks rahimbhai for your tips and advice.

fantastic day and I am looking out for next Friday.

best wishes

srini

You did well buddy ! You always stay calm and positive and that’s what matters ! It’s a pleasure helping others out and that’s what Carnity stands for.

On the crest it’s better not too fight gravity too much. Steering towards the crest while the car wants to go down is a bit tricky and dangerous . Once you do more of those crests you’ll see that you just need to attack that crest a bit higher and faster so you’ll be able to ride it further and longer. Once the car wants to come down it’s better to point the nose of the car downwards and make your descend. 

See you soon !

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use