•  

Morning Newbie Drive - Pink Rocks - 26 Apr 2019

Rahimdad

With Ramadan starting in around 2 weeks and the weather turning hotter by the day as Summer approaches us, it is a great time to have a relaxed morning newbie drive. We can use the cooler morning hours to stay comfortable and yet fulfil our desert driving thrill by having a nice relaxed drive suited to any newbies who want to join. This drive will also enable us to gear up and learn important aspects of desert driving in the nights, as it would be scary for newbies to join in night drives straight away.

When: 26 April 2019

Meeting time: 6:30 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 6:45 AM

Where: Tawi Nazwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/hJGgNgpViK92

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie, more experienced drivers welcome to join to support this drive.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:00 AM

What to bring along: Snacks, Breakfast - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie drive Pink Rocks 26 Apr 2019

Trip Report - as I walked out of the house today I felt like it was December again, pretty cool and pleasant weather. Filled petrol and was excited like a school boy to meet up @Asif Hussain after a long time. With a great big hug from him we set off to the meeting point, with the chit chat on the way I completely lost track of where we were. After a polite enquiry Asif bhai confirmed that we were on the right path. It was great to see so many smiling faces this early in the morning and set off to the deflation point.

At the deflation point we split the convoy to newbie and Fewbie. As we deflated and after a newbie briefing we were off with our newbie convoy. Sadly one of the driver had a moment when he was unconscious and since it seemed he was not feeling all that well I had to turn him back home for his safety and the safety of others. The route was more or less what we normally take with small dunes and easing our way to Pink Rocks. There were some soft patches on the way and a few refusals. But it is moments like these which challenge your skills and test your patience and span of attention. It was great to see everyone following the instructions well and maintaining a good convoy discipline. At this point I would like to thank @dberclaz for helping @Emmanuel with the sweep duties as Emmanuel had to skip to the front to help stuck vehicles.

Thanks to @S1DD who taught @dberclaz something about his Jeep today in the true spirit of the community. This proves that if you are paying attention and are of a truly helping nature you don't have to count on long time experience, you can do it on your second drive within the club. Also thanks to @eduardo who was actually with the Fewbie drive but took time to help Pajero drivers light up their Christmas lights on the dashboard by removing the ABS fuse.

As we got closer to Pink Rocks the terrain got a bit tougher, but after a few refusals on a demanding climb all made it to the top. From here we headed to the point where all 3 convoys had decided to meet up. We had fun trying to explore what our cars could do. Once everyone was together we headed to the other side of Pink Rocks and headed out towards the 2nd December Cafeteria.

As everybody took put their bag of goodies we feasted as we do at the end of any drive. A celebration to celebrate the awesome time we had enjoyed together. At tis point I was getting late for Friday prayers, so loving hug from all and I was off for the prayers. Luckily just in time for the prayers, I inflated my tires just after praying and headed home only to prepare something awesome for next week. Until next week I bid you all farewell and looking forward to catching you on the next adventure.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Awesome video @Asif Hussain good to hear you're back !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 4/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Asif Hussain said:

Drive Video

Firstly, thank you Asif for sparing me radio battery when my charge ran out. Secondly for taking the time to film the event and capture my RedRide. Also thanks to rahim for being the life of the party. And cheers to all those who made it an enjoyable day by connecting to old and new friends.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use