•  

the importance of soft shackles, kinetic rope and solid recovery points

G.huz

35 minutes ago, Ajiesh George Kannankara said:

@G.huz don’t you think the damage can happen even from the tow car? Just something came to my mind. Sandbag would be a good option as it can stop the sudden movement of the rope/ shackle from both sides in case there is an accident.

A sandbag is indeed a good option to put over the recovery rope. You can buy these "jacket" like bags that you can easily fill up with some sand. In the club we are mostly using a extra safety strap on both sides that would "catch" the towpoint when it gets loose.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

49 minutes ago, Ajiesh George Kannankara said:

@G.huz don’t you think the damage can happen even from the tow car? Just something came to my mind. Sandbag would be a good option as it can stop the sudden movement of the rope/ shackle from both sides in case there is an accident.

We have started to use 2 safety ropes recently - lead by @Gaurav - when recovery points are in doubt. This can be used on both cars and give you some extra protection if any point fails. I have ordered mine already...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, Frederic said:

I am watching this video @Gaurav, and as far as I remember, after the first attempt, the pulling car should reverse back a bit again and not to keep pulling. right? 🤔

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Very good and correct observation @Marketa Dobesova.

As he didn't reverse the vehicle after the first pull, that's why he was about to get stuck himself.

Later he realized that and reversed and also change the track a little bit to not go in the same pit again.

As he seems very well-versed in off-road, my observation is he must have tried this thinking that they are on a harder surface like of beach or sabka little soft sand.

In dunes, you will surely get stuck with this approach, but on beach sand or sabka you can/may get away.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of use