•  

the importance of soft shackles, kinetic rope and solid recovery points

G.huz

Currently I too have been using the recovery points that come built in with the vehicle and have had no issues at all. I too like @Gaurav bhai tend to start slow and build up the tug strength with every pull. I always engage in 4 Low for a tug so I am never over 20 KPH. Some recoveries is better to dig a bit to have lesser load on the pulling vehicle. @G.huz if you find any good solution please do share, its always better to be safe than sorry.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Currently I too have been using the recovery points that come built in with the vehicle and have had no issues at all. I too like @Gaurav bhai tend to start slow and build up the tug strength with every pull. I always engage in 4 Low for a tug so I am never over 20 KPH. Some recoveries is better to dig a bit to have lesser load on the pulling vehicle. @G.huz if you find any good solution please do share, its always better to be safe than sorry.

you've been in this sport for way longer time, and driving the Pathfinder for longer time as well, am sure if there is anything out there you would've done it.

i'll check around, if i find something the made sense to me, i'll share for sure.

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, G.huz said:

you've been in this sport for way longer time, and driving the Pathfinder for longer time as well, am sure if there is anything out there you would've done it.

i'll check around, if i find something the made sense to me, i'll share for sure.

They even sell them with the bridle for the path finders. 

https://www.the4wdshed.com/recovery-tow-points-shackles-equaliser-strap-kit-nissan-navara-d40-roadsafe4wd?preview=y

I am sure there are shops that can fabricate something like that

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

On 8/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, Javier M said:

They even sell them with the bridle for the path finders. 

https://www.the4wdshed.com/recovery-tow-points-shackles-equaliser-strap-kit-nissan-navara-d40-roadsafe4wd?preview=y

I am sure there are shops that can fabricate something like that

thanks to you, here's another hour gone googling around :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

you know how search goes man, you start with recovery point, you end up with bumpers and skid plates and LEDs and tents and camping, and travel destinations... it's painful

but i saw all sort of weird shapes, i don't even know if they fit in my car, the best thing to do is just search around in shops, do "window shopping" see what they do, what they have, get an idea of the cost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

For popular cars you can get ready-made points and hooks and trailer bars but for some model's you could order them through internet from places where those cars are making storms as it's their market so it must be catered to there and the rest you can always custom make them if you have a little bit of imagination time and patience...just remember the idea is to have good thickness , surface mating and it should fix nicely there should be no play not even a mm worth once it's bolted...if it moves then sure someday it gonna tear away...

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:09 PM, G.huz said:

A sandbag is a good option, but in this case the recovery point flew in rocket speed.

As am thinking, maybe another rope holding the main one would somehow work like a sandbad, it would hold back the main rope and whatever it's carrying from flying.

Idon't know, am just thinking of work arounds to prevent this from happening.

@G.huz don’t you think the damage can happen even from the tow car? Just something came to my mind. Sandbag would be a good option as it can stop the sudden movement of the rope/ shackle from both sides in case there is an accident.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use